Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

FLY2Tweaker reported trouble - solutions

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi,I am very sorry if anyone has trouble with FLY2Tweaker. Please report frankly, I will upload a workaround to the FLY! Wiki after this weekend. I wait for further possible problems that I can correct.----------------------------------------------------------------------FIRST REPORTED PROBLEMTask: Render.ini TweakingError: Message ["32" is not a valid integer value]Possible reason: user typed ['32'] into valuefield instead of [32]Solution: a) Please type only numbers into value fields, chars cause errors :( Workaround, FLY-Tweaker won't accept wrong inputhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115424.jpg----------------------------------------------------------------------OTHER POSSIBLE ERROR (NOT REPORTED BUT FOUND OUT DURING TEST)Task: Render.ini TweakingError: Message [Access violation in module ...]Reason: user could try to access a value to an empty lineSolution: Workaround, FLY-Tweaker won't accept a value for an empty linehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115425.jpg----------------------------------------------------------------------More Bug Reports are very welcome!Thanks in advanceGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest tonyc

it's still very useful, Georg.tony

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Dan,my idea was - after I had got your first post and error message - that you typed in '32' as a new value instead of (NORMAL) 32 (without comma). Then I checked FLY2Tweaker with this wrong user input and got the same error message (see my screenshots above).If that is NOT the reason for the problem you have, please answer me again. It would be fine then to know exaktly what you did (change values, then save ...?) and get your original render.ini with eMail. You find the address in the inclosed Readme.txt of FLY!2Tweaker.But you have to be a little patient because the desaster is that after installing Service Pack 2 for Microsoft XP Home my whole system crashed because Service Pack 2 ruined the registry (not readable afterwards).So I reactivated another HD with Win98 to have a look at the forums. As I have to work this weekend (and going there now) I have to get my eMails clear in Win98, I think not before this late evening!All the best to you, I hope to hear from you!Best regards from BremenGeorg HeliFLYer

Guest danieletona

OK Georg,I write you for e-mail and I send you my file RENDER.INIDan

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I e-mailed copies of my fly.ini, render.ini and this UNIQUE screenshot of first starting FLY 2. All but one of the mice go away when I try to switch off the IFR hood, but it will not go away till I cycle thru the exterior views. I have an icon on my desktop flytweaker with a key "picsrules" administrative privelidges needed? I can't get to the change render.ini window, I get the error message "16 not a valid integer" as soon as I try. Stupid me, I did not copy my render.ini before the DVD which is prolly the easiest solution. I can't figure out the proper path when I try to save a DLL profile, the file name the path is supposedly going to is not .DLL which has me all thrown off. Also no path defined for TGA and the other one that I think belongs in arts? My frame rate is still at a rock solid 4 FPS with clear skies in Seattle, totally default scenery. My render.ini is WAY off I think...Thank you for making it easier for dunces like me. :-wave http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115758.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,"16 not a valid integer" seems to be the same bug as Dan reported with "32 not a valid integer". First I thought of a user error but it is a BUG in FlyTweaker. I will make a workaround soon. I hope I understand it right that NOT FLYTweaker caused your trouble but you cannot use (start) the function to correct render.ini!BUT NOW YOU HAVE TO BE A LITTLE PATIENT WITH ME as I unluckily had to re-install the whole Windows XP Home system this day. I was so FOOLISH :-(( to install SERVICE PACK 2 for XP Home though I had been warned by several colleages who had made bad experiences. My whole system crashed after working some time and the registry could not be read anymore. x(Now I have just installed XP Home and Servicepack 1, all you need to be safe (Firewall, virusscanner) and the internet-connection.But I have a lot of work the next hours to install all the programs I need. I think this evening I am working on FLYTweaker.The next step will be to get my eMail system working again, I am offline until now.Best regards Georg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Dan,I am only partially online now, please have a look at the answer I gave to Donny.Hopefully this evening I can work on FLYTweaker to correct the bug.Thankyou for your patientience.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!You understood right, error message occured when trying to start the render.ini tweaker, whatever is going with 16 and frame rate is preexisting. I was able to use fly.ini tweaker, I am not sure about the relative importance of some of the suggested settings. For instance I have showusergraphics=1, defaultstartscreen=1 mousescrolling=0 and askbeforeexit=1. Also should I enter new values for everything or are "old values" automatically carried over if I make no entries? A lot of old values matched suggestions already and 95% of the time I went with recomended values. Sorry about your "windows" needing so much cleaning.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115776.txtMy fly.ini has my Vatsim user info at the end, can't post it.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,the render.ini problem is solved now (I hope :-) ). There are render.ini files with whitespaces at the end of the line, which my render.ini files don't have.I added the magic word "trim" to my code and all seems to work fine.Please send me a blank mail then I can reply with a small zip (the "new" version called 1.7).>>>> are "old values" automatically carried over if I make no entries? YES:If you add new values and save then 1. a backup of your original file is written in the format render.inidatetime.BUK which you could restore by just clipping datetime.buk 2. the WHOLE file is written bis those new values you added - might be 1 or 100, you decide!>>>showusergraphics=1??? I don't have it, don't knowDo you mean askforusergraphic? That means ask for video settings at FLY! start>>>defaultstartscreen=1 Is "O" by default but you can make your own startscreen>>>mousescrolling(enabled)=0The screen does not move when the mousepointer gets at the boarders >>>askbeforeexit=1I have "O" and FLY quits without askingMail me via AVSIM or the address you find in the README of Flytweaker (at the bottom).RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW