Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjlobo

Lights Not Working

Guest jjlobo

The landing lights are not iluminating the floor and buildings. Does someone know why this hapens?I wouldn't like to reinstall it again___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

G'day JJLobo,When I get display problems associated with lights it can usually be traced back to the video card driver. Have you changed video cards or updated the driver recently??Not ALL driver updates are beneficial to Fly! II. Sometimes there are undesireable side effects. :-)I'm still using the 45.23 nvidia driver as the later drivers gave me problems.If it was working OK previously and you haven't changed card/driver then you could try just reinstalling the video driver. Maybe somehow it's got corrupted. You could also try re-installing DirectX. DirectX has also been known to be a cause of problems. Cheers,Roger

Guest KYC

Hi Lobo,Probably you have installed new drivers. I had the same problem and got stuck with 45.xx nvidia drivers until I changed my old fx5900 with a new 6800GT card with last drivers. It

Guest jjlobo

Thats it. You got my problem. Yes, I've changed my video card for a 128. Previous was 64. I'll try to reisntall it.Thanks a lot for your support.RegardsJJLobo

Guest jjlobo

KeytonI'll send you a message tonight.___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest jjlobo

Here is the update story on this subjectMy new Video Card is a NVidia GEForce FX 5200. I've installed the latest drive today and also installed DirectX 9. The problem of not seeing lights on the floor nor buildings remains.Are there any other configuration I can change to have lights working properly again? Does any one experienced the same problem?I wish I can solve the problem with your help.Thanks in advanceJo

G'day Joao,In all probability your problem is the latest nVidia driver you are using. I have an FX 5900 card and am using the 45.23 nvidia driver (win 98se). The later drivers gave me problems just as you are describing. Just because an updated driver is released doesn't mean that you should upgrade. Rich went to some length on this topic and his final comment was basically find a driver that works and stick with it. You are not mentioning what operating system or what version driver you are using or have tried, but the Fx-5200 cards have been around for a while so I think you will find that one of the older nvidia drivers should work for you.Try the 45.23 driver. I'm pretty sure that will cure your problem.If not get back to the forum with complete details of your setup.Cheers,Roger

Guest Richard Portier

Hello,I have the same problem there with my new config : Ath 3500+, 1G, Leadtek 6800GT TDH PCI Xpress, drivers Leadtek 7125, I tried 7184 without success. Win XP PROSP2.Questions : is possible to install an old driver Nvidia or Leadtek with a recent card ? Which driver have you ?Thank you in advance.Regards.Richard.

Guest Richard Portier

>Here is the update story on this subject>>My new Video Card is a NVidia GEForce FX 5200. I've installed>the latest drive today and also installed DirectX 9. >>The problem of not seeing lights on the floor nor buildings>remains.>>Are there any other configuration I can change to have lights>working properly again? Does any one experienced the same>problem?>>I wish I can solve the problem with your help.>>Thanks in advance>>Jo

Guest tonyc

You're right Richard. I am using a 6600gt, which require different drivers than those that might be ok for older cards, and switching off the T&L did the trick. Thanks.tony

Guest jjlobo

Richard,That is it. Worked fine - Thanks a lot for your interest and help.Sorry taking this long to test and reply, Only now I re-visited the forum.Jo