Sign in to follow this  
Guest Azzurro

VFR Fly!ing

Guest Azzurro

Hi,ROTW continues the codification of the waypoints allowing VFR.We have now created more than 1.300 VFR waypoints, relative to :- the totality of France,- the totality of Denmark,- the totality of Italy and Malta- the main British airportsand a first series of German, Spanish (including Canary Islands), Sloven and Swiss airports !As you can see, we have followed up Wayne's creations for 3D airports, since Denmark and Canary Islands are located in our last release.I also strongly recommand a new visit to English sceneries, particularly Manchester-Liverpool and the London area: flying there is a real pleasure with VFR maps and waypoints. For instance, you can do heli-VFR flying along the Thames, from Heathrow to City, a "must-fly!".http://img68.echo.cx/img68/5485/londonhelico4wv.jpg- All the VFR waypoints will be part of the next "DAFIF" database update (coming very soon).- Maps for VFR are available on different sites, you will find a list of them on this page:http://fly.simvol.org/indexus.php?preparat...esus/docuus.phpIf somebody can provide us with datas about Germany and Switzerland, it will be a pleasure for us to complete the missing airports for this countries (and many thanks to Daniele who gave us a good link to get Italian datas).Happy VFR fly!ing to all :-cool Azzurro

Guest danieletona

Great job!We await with impatience the new version DAFIF.Dan

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Azzurro,thank you for your work and for pointing to all those wonderful sceneries of Great Britain, many excellent satellite textures AND many places with objects, now even better with WAYPOINTS for VFR flying - that matches pretty well what we do in a helo if we don't have a second pilot on board for IFR-flying.Actually I fly a lot Wayne's Danish airport sceneries, therefore thankyou for the Danisch Waypoints.And at last I would like to have them for my Homeland (Germany), but I do NOT know how to get them here for free, all data are sold. But I will look for data, don't know whether there's a change to get some.Merci beaucoupGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Hi AzzurroIf you ever plan to do something for Austria I can provide you with actual data. Just write me an email and tell me what you need.Harald

Guest Azzurro

Hi,For those among you who would like to create VFR waypoints, I have prepared a small Excel file, it's easy to use, the longest work is to find the informations, and to copy them !You will find it herehttp://fly.simvol.free.fr/wpts-vfr-modele.zip--> Harald, OK, if you can find information about Austrian waypoints, just fill up the Excel file and send it to me, I will create them--> Georg,I think that many informations for German airports can be found on the site http://www.vacc-sag.org/You just have to be an IVAO member, then to ask for a (free) registration on this site, then you will have access to VFR informations for all the German airports... and there is a lot of work, I have only created EDDF, in Germany !As for Harald, I can create your waypoints if you can fill up all the coords and send them to my mail address.CheersAzzurro

Guest Eagle

If anyone is interested I have a large number of airport diagrams for Germany and will do the airports.

Guest Azzurro

Excellent idea, my dear Wayne ! :-cool

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Azzurro,thank you for the info and the link which works. I will try next weekend whether my old IVAO membership is still good for registration on VACC-SAG.ORG (I had problems with slow online-connection and did not use IVAO for a long time), otherwise I will renew my IVAO membership.It will take some time to fill out many of the important airports as I have some other FLY! projects running but I will do it part for part - I am selfish :-lol and there is no other way then to do it myself if I want to use the waypoints for Germany!Thanks a lot again, Azzurro!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Wayne,no question, I am VERY interested to get some airports for Germany out of the "Wayne collection".But to be honest, there are only a few FLY!ers left here in Germany. And before spending much time and energy into that and blocking your activities for other more FLY!er-populated zones it would be interesting if there is a more common interest for German airports (if some of our neighbours would like to do some flights over the boarders?).Thank you once again for your scandinavian airport series, I love it! You even put some boats (with heliport) in the (Esbjerg???) scenery, I really enjoyed that.Best regardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Wayne, as one half of my ancestry tree comes from Germany and Poland, I for one would be highly interested in seeing more airports in this region of Europe! I still have Fly!2K loaded with the Rein-Rhur scenery, and enjoy fly!ing along over that scenery set every so often. ;-) Marc and crew did such a marvelous job on it, it's hard to give it up! Just wish I could figure out a way to get it working within Fly!II.Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Azzurro

Ooops, I made a mistake, you need a VATSIM registration, not an IVAO one, sorry GeorgCheersAzzurro

Guest Azzurro

Berlin Tempelhof is a very good 3D scenery in Fly!II (as it was in Fly!2k), I recommand it strongly to you all.In my German files, I also have- Hamburg 2D only- Frankfurt 2D + 3D- edac-Alltenburg 3D- edbt-Allstedt 3D- etsi-Manching-GAF 3D...that's all for the moment, but I will be very happy to get some more destinations to Germany :) CheersAzzurro

Guest Eagle

Azzurro, if you are creating scenery for Germany, I will stay out of that country.

Guest Azzurro

>Azzurro, if you are creating scenery for Germany, I will stay>out of that country.No no Wayne, I only gave the list of the airports that have already been created in Germany, so you can work on all the others, it seems there still is a lot of them waiting for your creations !CheersAzzurro