Sign in to follow this  

Airport2000 Vol 2

Hi,Has anybody downloaded the airports of Nice and Barcelona which can be used to correct the Airports 2000 Vol2 airport in FS2002.Trouble is the originator Gen Marcello asks for certain files ofAirport2000 Vol2 in FS2k but I am unable to load the main programmeat all into FS2002. Has anybody been able to do this and get theBarcelona and Nice airports to work??If so how please, unfortunately the originator does not reply toEmails about thisJohn

Guest CapnCol

I have in the past tried to load this onto FS 2002 but without success. After seeing the Nice download yesterday I tried to find out from the developers of Airport 2000 Vol 2 if it will work. Unfortunately the information available on their website says that it won't. Since I have had nasty problems in the past trying to make things work where they were n't meant to, I am going to wait until something is developed for FS2002. Sorry, this is probably not what you wanted to hear.Colin

The best way is to install FS2000 and after, transfer the Airport VOL 2 folder in FS2002 and activating it manually.JoelCYQB

Hey GuysActually the very easiest way to do this is to create a folderin microsoft games called fs2000 add a folder in this one called scenery. Copy and paste the world.vis file located in your FS2002scenery folder over to the scenery folder you have created in the fs2000 folder. Thats it! Just run the setup.exe fromm Airport 2000and it will put all the files into your newly created FS2000 folder!Then you can transfer what ever textures you need to your FS2002folder easily!!! Remember to make a backup of your world.vis folder in case you mess it up!!!!!! You can even use their dynamic scenery for their airports if you like, just turn off your AI! or use the afcad files that the "General" has provided if you wish to use the default AI from MS!Regards WayneCYHZ ps For some reason WIN XP does not alow you to do this but it works great with any other version of Windows! I am lucky to have a few diferent OS's kicking around and it was easy to transfer to my main system using XP pro!

Hello Wayne,May be you can help me with Wilco's airport 2000 V3I have fs2002 and followed instructions in installing Wilco AV3 from the CD and patched it afterwards for fs2002, that was the first time and everything worked out fine.the second time I wanted to install an extra airport from the CD ( KSFO ), it asked me to uninstall first then to reinstall. Since then BLACKOUT !!! all I get is a non install error message because it is missing a dll: FSINSTAL for some reason, and I tried everything I could and I just cannot install airport 2000 V3 in fs 2002.If possible I NEED HELP PLEASE

Hi LPMGo to the Wilco site www.wilcopub.com/nonfls/intro.htm click on patch for volume 3 under FS2002, and look at sect A, Installations, Item #2. There you will find all the answers and the patch to reinstall your airport vol 3!!!RegardsWayne

Thanks Wayne,Appreciate your help!!Laurent

LaurentMy pleasure!! I updated my original message to make it clearer for you!!Wayne

Wayne,I tried all of it already, and I still cannot reinstall A2000V3 !!!Is there a way to do it manually in fs2002 and run the patch afterwards ??I don't get it, all was working out fine until I wanted to add KSFO in fs2002. By the way, my operating system in Win98SElaurent

WellI guess you could do like I posted earlier by renameing your FS2002 folder to FS2002-1 or something like that, then make up a new FS2002 folder and put your vol 3 there!! That should do the trick then you can transfer and re patch!! Laurent you may still have some files from your original install still kicking around especially if you did not use control panel to uninstall!! you can always use your Windowsfind files and folders with wilco as your search word to see if there are any files you did not delete!! Let me know how you make out!!Wayne

Thanks Wayne,I'll keep you updated on this. Hopefully it should work !!!The sad part is Wilco will not answer e-mails for support.Well, thanks again Laurent