Sign in to follow this  
speckfire

Installingf and patching FlyII

Hi All,I tried to search the forums to see the patching procedure for FLYII but did not find anything and I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I tried to look for patches in the file library and I was lost since there are so many version, build version this build version that. I'm installing Fly II from scratch. Can anyone point me to the right procedure?RegardsSpeck.

John Sark

Guest YVRpilot

Dear Speck,You have to download all FOUR updates and install them in PROPER sequence in order for the updates to work.I just did this and quite frankly I've been reminded why I haven't used this simulator in so long. Quite frankly most of it stinks. The only awesome feature about the simulator is the detailed cockpits. Everything else needs a lot of work.I've been looking for my Fly! 2K Cd and I can't find it. I recall it being a little better than Fly! II.You can download ALL the patches from here:http://www.fileplanet.com/48892/0/section/PatchesHope this helps.Regards,YVRpilot>Hi All,>>I tried to search the forums to see the patching procedure for>FLYII but did not find anything and I'm wondering if someone>can help me out. I tried to look for patches in the file>library and I was lost since there are so many version, build>version this build version that. I'm installing Fly II from>scratch. Can anyone point me to the right procedure?>>Regards>Speck.>>

Speck,Actually, this is not correct. You only need the All Inclusive patch (which contains all 4 initial patches up to level 210). Then, the 240 patch finishes the job. The European release only needs the #4 patch (210), followed by the 240 patch. Also, all of the necessary patches are right here at Avsim - I would certainly never recommend File Planet as a file source, unless they had something that no one else had. :-)The link that Speckfire found is the correct one for all patching and initial startup tweaking. I would also recommend the fine adjusted sky and cloud files that are available - also huge anounts of terrain and airport sceneries, aircraft tweaks and fixes, etc.

Randall Rocke

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Before I had heard of Avsim I tried to get FLY 2's manual from File planet. I waited 58 minutes just to start the download, all the while being told I could get it right away if I paid "X". Also, (it was years ago) they wanted my e-mail address and password. What's up with that? The planes from ROTW accomplish more within the limitations of the sim. For example a lot of their planes have functioning instruments in 3/4 views. All their files are available free for download, but their DVD makes applying the patches and a lot of available upgrades easier.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest YVRpilot

Donny,What I said is CORRECT, but what you are saying is also correct. The one patch upgrades everything.But with regards to the simulator being any good, I'd rather fly FS2004 any day. Even if its cockpit are nowhere near as good-looking.Trust me, at one time I thought Fly! 2k was the best thing out there. That was several years ago now. Maybe if they release a much updated version where flight models "feel" and "handle" more like the real thing, then it'd be an awesome sim.Until that happens, just trust me on this one. I have flown the following airplanes in real life and I think I know what I'm talking about:C-150C-152C-172C-182C-208 AmphibPiper CherokeePiper WarriorPiper Navajo ChieftainBeech DuchessTake care,YVRpilot;)>Speck,>>Actually, this is not correct. You only need the All Inclusive>patch (which contains all 4 initial patches up to level 210).>Then, the 240 patch finishes the job. The European release>only needs the #4 patch (210), followed by the 240 patch.>Also, all of the necessary patches are right here at Avsim - I>would certainly never recommend File Planet as a file source,>unless they had something that no one else had. :-)>>The link that Speckfire found is the correct one for all>patching and initial startup tweaking. I would also recommend>the fine adjusted sky and cloud files that are available ->also huge anounts of terrain and airport sceneries, aircraft>tweaks and fixes, etc.

YVR,Sorry, I should have phrased my response in a better fashion. Yes, what you said was correct, but I was trying to make the point that installing 5 patches wasn't necessary.As far as sims go, I still prefer Fly! over MS for handling charateristics, AFTER the flight modeling was drastically improved and corrected on several of the default aircraft. Robert Young made some great improvements on some of them, and other new presentations by the likes of ROTW have been superb. There are still some noticeble "disasters" - the Navaho in Fly!II is appalling! I still hold out hope that we will correct its handling now, as more and more skills are being gained within the Fly! community.Your list of RW aircraft is especially interesting, as we have a lot of similar experience. My flight experience platforms include:C-150C-152C-172C-208Piper Cherokee 140Piper Cherokee 6QueenairAll the best - CAVU

Randall Rocke

Guest radiome

A reminder,you don't have to install the four patches you only have to install the complete patch which is the lastest one.I installed it and I have no problems with FLY II,its runs great on XP Home Edition.Just look for the ( FLY II Version152to210 Patch ),one patch is all you need . Remember to install FLY II and don't run it after you install it,restart your computer and then insta;;ed this complete FLY II Patch.Once it is installed then restart your computer once again.Now you can run FLY II,hope this helps because the four patches is a pain when you now have one patch.

Just so that no one is mislead or misunderstands - in order to get all of the latest improvements and fixes, you must then (after the 152-210 patch), apply the 240 patch. Mistakenly listed by Ken Salter as the 250 patch, its actual version identity is 2.50.240, or for short, version 240.

Randall Rocke

Guest kingofbling

OK so who is right or who is wrong??? I have the european version from the ebay??? So what do I do.Thanks Bling!http://img76.echo.cx/img76/8167/kingofbling7pp.jpg[/img][/url]Im KingOfBling and I love to sing.Lead Singer In the FrogMen.Pilot Fro 9 Years.Women Love Me, but I have room for one more ;-)

All of this is in the First Time Fly!ers anchored post at the top of the General Fly! Forum. Ken Salter is right on with most of it, and even though he's a digit off on the final patch, most people have understood what he meant.For the European version:1) Download Patch Update 4 to go to build 210: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=98892) Download the 240 patch: PC - http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=24089Mac - http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=240903) OPTIONAL: Download the Global update patch to fix some coastline issues: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=9678You really should read the anchored post and follow its advice - it's very helpful for installing these updates and gives advice that can protect you from grief later. The library links don't work, as Avsim upgraded to a new system after Ken created these posts. However, the download IDs are still correct, so you can find the files. I've corrected the main links in my posting above.

Randall Rocke

Guest kingofbling

Very sorry If I upset as my English is OK but some words lose me behind. Im now pached for the first time and save the files on a disk. Thankyou. Blinghttp://img76.echo.cx/img76/8167/kingofbling7pp.jpg[/img][/url]Im KingOfBling and I love to sing.Lead Singer In the FrogMen.Pilot Fro 9 Years.Women Love Me, but I have room for one more ;-)

No problem. Some visitors miss those top links - there is also a FAQ section above with a lot of good information.

Randall Rocke

Guest kingofbling

Thankyou I read this but I dont make sence, but now its no problem.I do a lot of buying of the Ebay and I have to tell you all to be carefull on buying the FS9 stuff which is from good payware but these guys sell on eleegally. Many are being pushed into prisons for it. I believe this is not good and you can never reach for the soap. so dont buy OK. I dont want you nice guys loosing the soap and paying for it dearly, your friend BlingThese items are from Lago and even PMDG I have seen DONT BUY OKBelow this man is selling even freeware, as I download Russian concorde from Avsim. I have sent an email to its creator.Edit: I make mistake its LAGO plane, so I email Lago.Edit 2: Sorry Im in Wrong Forum, I blush and back awayhttp://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZtsarQ5fnicholasQ5fii Blinghttp://img76.echo.cx/img76/8167/kingofbling7pp.jpgBling