Sign in to follow this  
Guest rene_35

Is it a fly! users counter?

Guest rene_35

Look at this picture:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/117103.jpgThis is the number of ATR downloads on simvol at this time, after 4 days.(the counter is 783, but if we divides the total download size by the size of the zip file, we find 589)And there are 446 checklist downloads.Intersesting no?Comments?

Guest danieletona

I have not unloaded him yet. ;-) Bravo to the whole team!Dan

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I think the fact it was posted on the Avsim news page helped. I wondered myself why the DVD hadn't been announced there. But it has been really nice the last few months to see more posts from either people trying FLY 2 for the first time or those returning to it after a while. The ATR fills a unique niche in the FLY hangar and the FLY way of presenting cockpits is ideal for planes like it especially. I think it's amazing that Jean delivered so much systems modeling and other features, but if you compare it to the simpler default planes as they shipped it has fewer bugs. Beyond amazing.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Either it's a good indication of Fly! users still watching Avsim, or your aircraft awakened the disire of some to give it another try. It certainly is a heart-warming number.It's interesting that Steve's recent unscientific poll shows 82 responses, but...850 viewers :-)

Randall Rocke

G'day Rene,The download counter is a far better way of assessing the number of Fly! II users than a survey post.I think these figures only confirm what most of us already believe; i.e. there are a quite a few closet Fly! II simmers out there, who prefer not to get actively involved on the forums. That's fine, we know they exist.Like Donny mentioned I have also noticed over the last few months a resurgence of posts from newbies and old timers returning to Fly! II.All of which augers well for the future of the sim. It is far too good a sim to let just drift off into obscurity.These figures must give a warm satisfaction to all freeware developers for Fly! II.Thanks for all your efforts.Cheers,Roger

G'day Randall,Yes! .... but I must have viewed that post half a dozen times :-loland I suspect many others also had repeat viewings.But... you did say "unscientific" :-)Cheers,Rogeredit: spelling correction.

>i.e. there are a quite a few closet Fly! II simmers>out there, who prefer not to get actively involved on the>forums. That's fine, we know they exist.This is true. I have received a number of messages from people who have downloaded scenery or DB updates of mine, yet who have never posted in the forums. One of them turned out to be a former college professor of mine!Regardless, it is obvious that many people feel far more comfortable lurking and picking up info.

Randall Rocke

Guest rene_35

Date: May 31th, 2005: some statistics- ATR42-500 original: 663 realistic donwloads (983 donwloads in avsim counter type)- checklist: 576- Air Littoral livery: 78I think we have riched the true number of Flyers.For you information, 150 DVD have been distributed in 17 countries:- France- Australia,- Great Btritain,- Italia,- Netherland,- United States,- Belgium,- Germany,- Switzerland- Sweeden,- Spain,- Norway,- Danmark,- Brazil,- Portugal,- Indon

Guest Mats_Frisk

...I don

Guest Steve Brown

Dont worry guys, no more unscientific posts, that was my last. All I wanted to do was encourage. Even counting downloads isnt scientific, as I was halfway downloading the Jab 3 times and the download froze.I feel as though Im flogging a dead horse in here :-( I was so mad I have destroyed my new models and uninstalled Fly2Thats it for me.Goodbye

Steve! Our comments were not meant to be negative at all - in fact, we were pleased that you posted the thread and enjoyed getting a feel for the community out there, unscientific or not.Calling Steve... are you still out there, Steve?

Randall Rocke

Guest HeliFLYer

Steve, my friend,do you remember that I (and many other FLY!ers here in the Forum as I assume) always enjoyed your posts, your humour, your activity for FLY!. And do you remember how many people posted here in the Forum and thought about you when you had your "little accident"?Then you might understand that one single word (which was not not attacking you) should not destroy all that what is beyond flightsimming - that in some way many of us here are "virtual" friends.I think that far most of us were very interested in your user-count - the many views indicate that we had a look into the topic several times because we were jealous to know who "checks in". It was a very positive impulse for the community.With or without new models, check in again, let us know from time that you are still there and what you think!All the bestGeorg

Guest rene_35

May be my english is too poor, but I don't understand the relation between my post and the Steve's post. I wrote something bad?

Guest HeliFLYer

No Rene, not at all!Very interesting information, we all need such feedback as you gave us. Just a matter of misunderstanding Randall's post.Keep on!RegardsGeorg