Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Australian airports..........coming soon.

G'day all,I don't know if anyone remembers Danny Vickers. He was a very productive Fly! (1&2) simmer from a few years ago.Danny is currently a check captain on Lockheed P3 Orions (anti submarine/maritime surveilance) in the Australian Air Force.I have his files for modified Aussie airports/taxiways/nav aids and have received his permission to upload to the Avsim Library so over the comming weekend I'll dig around and get them uploaded.

I do indeed remember him - looking forward to the upload!

Randall Rocke

Hi Roger and Randall,I remember Danny also. He was much in demand in the forums. He made a lot of stuff for FLYII. Very nice stuff. Good to see you guys still keeping FLYII alive. It has such potential. Its a shame some company hasn't bought the rights and brought out FLYIII!Thanks again for all you guys do.God bless,Earl

G'day Randall,Devious me.! :-)I just tried a little experiment to see what would happen. I did indeed go ahead and upload Danny's Australian taxiways without any further ado or mention to the forum.18 downloads overnight! I think it would be fair to assume that the vast majority of those would be Aussies (-:So I think it would be reasonable to assume that there are indeed quite a few people who just lurk the forum to pick up information and add-ons as they become available. The Jabiru has been finished for a while now. As soon as the excitement abates over the ATR I might just sneek it into the Library unannounced and see what happens. :-halo BTW. I emailed the taxiaust.pod to you a fair while ago when Wayne first realised he had a conflict with Danny's files so if you kept the pod then no need to download again. NOTE: the taxiway file doesn't align with Fly! II default australian runways. Danny had previously uploaded aust_dex110.zip to the library and that file contains all the repositioned runways and nav aids.Cheers,Rogeredit: spelling.

Roger,Not quite sure what works with what.What do I need to download to get Wayne's Oz airports and taxiways to 'fit'?Thanks,Ian

Guest Eagle

This is why I stopped doing any airport scenery for Australia. I used the default FlyII scenery. If you apply the changes they will not work with my scenery. If this problem continues I will have the library delete the Australia airport scenery.

G'day Ian,You don't need to download anything!!! That's the whole problem. :-)If you have already downloaded Danny Vickers "aust_dex110.zip" and applied it, (which from the sounds of it you have because you are noticing that there is a mismatch with Waynes scenery) then to get Waynes airports to work you just need to replace the modified data bases with the default ones. You DID SAVE the originals before modifying didn't you :-).Unfortunately there was a problem with Waynes Aussie airports. They were produced to align with the DEFAULT Fly! II Aussie data, which sadly is far from accurate. I don't know why but for some reason the Aussie data that TRI used was just not up to the same standard as the data they used for the rest of the worldSo basically Ian, once you modify the aussie data in the databases you cannot use Waynes Aussie airports. They are incompatible.Now that I have uploaded "Australian taxiways" (thanks to Danny Vickers) to the Avsim library which gives taxiways to all the modified aussie airports (hundreds) maybe Wayne can be coaxed back to develop for downunder using the modified data.Cheers, Roger @YSSY

G'day Wayne, Sorry I replying over the top of you.You're a faster typer than me. :-)Now that taxiways are also freely available for Aussie airports, airport scenery should be a much simpler, less time consuming operation.Hopefully you can be enticed to have another go downunder. :-)(forget Sydney - it's underwater :-lol and Brisbane - already done by AFG.)So long as it's made abundantly clear that your current Aussie Airports are for the default Fly! II installation only, I see no reason why they shouldn't remain in the Avsim library. The final result is however your call. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Eagle

I have not conducted a survey to determine how many airports changed with the accurate information being used. If there only a few I can change those and continue on with airport scenery for the remaining airports.Thanks to Ken, I have a bunch of them.If someone has found an airport scenery problem, let me know and I will correct it.

Bling,AUSTRALIAN!!! NOT AUSTRIAN!!! Avsim libary - in the Fly! II miscellaneous directory. The title is "Australian taxiways" but if you search using the search engine use "New Australian taxiways" as the search string.Cheers,Roger

Guest kingofbling

Oh is that not the same? Are there biuldings or is it just the taxiway?Thanks from Blinghttp://img76.echo.cx/img76/8167/kingofbling7pp.jpg[/img][/url]Im KingOfBling and I love to sing.Lead Singer In the FrogMen.Pilot Fro 9 Years.Women Love Me, but I have room for one more ;-)

G'day Bling, I'm afraid not mate. :-) Search them both on Google. Just the Taxiways mate ( apologies for the misleading title ) but if you press CTRL + E whilst flying over an airport you will enter the Fly! scenery editor which with just a couple of mouse clicks enables you to place models ( hangars, planes, fuel bowsers, houses, trees, control towers, etc) on the airport. It literally only takes about 5 minutes to populate a complete airport. Whilst this does not produce a real life scale airport it is a lot better than just a barren runway/taxiway, and the beauty is so easy to do. No need for detailed plans or photographs.Cheers,Roger

Wayne and Roger,Thanks very much for your replies.I'll be very happy to check some of the Aussie airports I have installed for any inaccuracies once I have a bit of time. Things have been rather too busy of late.:-beerchug

Guest kingofbling

Wowsa. I tried it and I add things like biuldings. Can I downloads other buildings, Im amazed at how easy it is isnt it. those i find some terminal moved off for a walk and is now in trees but I get the ideas. And thankyou for your Austrian Airports.Blinghttp://img76.echo.cx/img76/8167/kingofbling7pp.jpg