Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjlobo

Can't fly ATR

Guest jjlobo

I've installed ATR and tried to fly it.The problem I'm facing is during takeoff. As soon I start rolling right engine starts making a lot of noises and stops. I can't start it again, only if I change aircraft.I've used auto startup.Does any one face this problem or knows where I got lost?Thanks for any help___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest tonyc

the manual will tell you that the "hotel mode"requires that you go into the "failure panel" and turn off several switches. Once you do this, the plane will have both engines fully functional.tony

Guest Mats_Frisk

..thought I couldn

JJ,One thing comes to mind - did you disconnect the power cables?The ATR has a Failure Manager panel (one camera view above the overhead panel). The ATR is defaulted for an External Power start with cables connected to the right engine. To disconnect the power cables, go to the Failure Manager and turn off the External power connection by setting both DC Power and AC Power to off.Do this before anything else if you are going to start the aircraft from batteries or by Hotel mode. If using external power, disconnect after the engines are started and electrical systems are active. If you don't disconnect, the cables will be yanked out of their sockets to the right engine when you begin to taxi. There would definitely be a "bang" and the right engine would be damaged. :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest rene_35

JJLobo:yes you can't use the plane if you leave external group connected.Auto start does not deconnect the group.Don't forget to spent time in reading the manual ;)Mats:Thanks for your wordsYes, the condition lever has 2 functions: fuel flow and propeller variations (to prepare the future "single lever" as we find on Diesel single engine?). The power is on a separate power lever.I am preparing a complete manuel to explain "Hotel mode" function. Jean is preparing a second version to fix some problems.

Guest Mats_Frisk

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to the coming update and manual.About Diesel engines: could I wish for a future Diamond Twin Star for Fly ? ;-) Mats

Guest jjlobo

What a shame on me! Yes I went so superficial into the manual. I often do so. I hate reading.Yes the noises look like something is connected in the outside and pulled by the ATR. I went into external view but there was nothing visible.Thanks for replies and help.I try it again right now.