Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

The return of the Jabiru ......................(part 3. )

G'day all,I thought now might be the time to re-release the Jabiru. Very quietly uploaded it to the library last night without prior notice.logged on tonight and hey 16 downloads overnight. No mention yet on the Avsim front page.!! So there are simmers just lurking the library for downloads.Thanks must be given to Jan for setting me straight about environment mapping and the Fly! II editor. No more nasty CTD's ( fingers crossed :-) ). This latest upload has been improved thanks to suggestions from beta testers Tony and Steve. * darker cockpit windows * new exterior view of instrument panelOnce again a huge thank you to - Jean Sabatier for his aircraft tutorial, Chris Wallace for the TrueSpace s3d converter and all those who helped me along the way.I've had a lot of enjoyment making this aircraft and hope those that download it have some enjoyment flying it.Edit : Title is "Jabiru SP 2200" Author "Roger Mazengarb/F2FDesign"Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

Roger, is the truespace converter the "new" version that Chris wrote for you?tony

Guest Chris Wallace

Yes, this is the "new" plug-in S3D exporter for the free version 3.2 of trueSpace.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Tony,NO!!! I'm using the same old version I've had for some months.The problem with enviroment mapping occurs where you have zero vertex parent parts.Lets say you glue a "tab" to a "surface". A new parent part is created. I'll call that "aileron_left". When in the Fly! II editor enter the parts properties menu and make sure that "environment mapping" is switched OFF for "aileron_left" ( and all other parent parts). You can leave environment mapping "ON" for "tab" and "surface" and all will be well.My latest endeavour :-)TrueSpace rules !!! :-lolCheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Chris,Sorry I may have misunderstood Tony's question. I took it as " Have I received an updated version to correct for the zero vertex problem "I was a bit slow on the uptake (that's par for the course for me ) to the fact that a work around could be achieved in the Fly! II editor. I can heartily recommend Truespace with your converter to anyone wishing to create the aircraft of their dreams. Thank you for everything." a little hangar friend to keep the Jabiru company. " :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

that's fantastic,Roger. I am envious. I am still getting back from a career change. I come home and have too many things on my mind and cannot get into FLY design. The electra is so close, and the emb120, which will be a conversion of the emb-120 for FLY!. tony

G'day Tony,Sorry I may have mislead you re the converter. I am unaware of what version, if any, you have. Yes, I have a new copy of the converter, but not a revised new copy! Hang in there with your job; eating is compulsory and bills have to be paid :-) Make sure that you download Truespace 3.2 and get a keycode now and also a copy of the latest converter so that when you do finally get time ( and you will ) to get back into Fly! II you will have the tools to do development. Like you I have dabbled with a trial version of max but the incessant problems I encountered nearly drove me insane. I've taken to Truespace like a duck to water. It has a few quirks but the work arounds are quite easy. I'm now retired, The kids have married and all left home ( I babysit every Wednesday ) and my wife is a nurse still working 3 afternoon/evening shifts a week so I'm getting megaheaps of free time to get involved in the hobby.With regards to the Electra and Embraer. Just a little bit here, a little bit there and before you know it you'll be posting their completion.Take care.Cheers,Roger

Guest danieletona

Beautiful job, Roger.My compliments!!(Can you contact me?)Dan

Guest tonyc

A few months ago Chris mentined that he was going to do some additional work on the converter. This I got from some exchanges between you and him. I assumed that he had sent you a "revised" converter which is different than the one available on his site. Am I wrong? The original converter,I believe is a beta 5, I could not figure it out, specifically for the animation. I do have truespace and stopped because of the converter. You now have some experience , so perhaps you can elaborate on hi tutorial....As for my planes.....yeh, a little here and there..tony

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Roger,the Jaribu is a light aircraft I liked on first glance. The real one is also known here in Germany. I downloaded your aircraft today and did some flight patterns, I can say I really enjoyed it - easy to FLY!, responsible, easy to land, nice cockpit, views and outside-modell.Thank you very much for this contribution to our "hangar".The only question I have is whether the "real" Jaribu is as powerful as the simmed? Setting 3000 RPM it is very impressive how fast it speeds up on the runway :-)I hope you'll work on some other aircraft, you do have the skills for it!Best regardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

G'day Georg,I'm glad you like the Jabiru! Thanks for the compliments, very much appreciated.To be truthful I'm not a pilot and have never flown in a Jabiru.OK, now that I've established my impeccable credentials :-) I can only say that I started out with the TRI Cessna files and threw out all the Cessna/Lycoming figures and put in the Jabiru figures and then fudged ( I kid not ) variables until I could get reasonably close to accurate flight performance from the aircraft. Take-off accelleration may be a casualty of my ignorance of the performance files in Fly! II. :-) The real Jabiru is no slouch. The 4 cyl 2200 (6 cyl 3300) engine develops 80 HP (120 HP)@ 3300 RPM. Whilst this may be a bit less than the average Cessna, keep in mind that the Jabiru"s MTOW is only 540 Kg. What's the weight of a fully laden Cessna?? A lot more than 540 Kg that's for sure. So the power/weight ratio of the Jabiru is the origin of it's performance.The published take-off distance for the Jabiru is 200 M. How does that compare with the sim model?? For all information about the Jabiru; visithttp://www.jabiru.net.auGlad you enjoyed Flying it. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest chezz

CONGRATULATIONS! Roger you've done a great job another addition to my hangar flew her today and she's indeed sweeeeet to fly....how about an SF260?chris_CA

Guest tonyc

Chris, did you make this "new" version available, or you sent a copy toRoger for testing? I've been using 3d max, so I don't remember if the plug in on your site, FLY! tools, is the one you're referring to.... tony

Guest BillieB

Taa for this, my first download :-) Billie