Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

ATR 42-500 Repaint Signup on the Wiki site

Guest Chris Wallace

Folks,I've created a page on the Wiki site for the ATR 42-500, not much is there but feel free to contribute. One thing I've started is a repaint "signup" sheet. Although there might only be a couple of folks doing repaints, this is a means to coordinate and reduce the chances of anybody duplicating effort. (It's also just an example of the kind of "open collaboration" I had intended for the Wiki to track) I've listed a bunch of operators (past and present) that I know of, but the list is surely incomplete. Hope to see lots more repaints of this wonderful offering from our friends at ROTW!!http://flylegacy.dyndns.org/twiki/bin/view/Fly/ATR42-500Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi Chris,I must say this is a very good idea.But there is already a topic ( fixed on top of this forum )http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=24386&pageI started this repaint planning exactly one year ago.So the idea is good ( alltough till now it hardly worked out ) but it`s not new.Kind regardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest YV52C

I create the first repaint of the ATR-42 next day to release and just received one salute, anyway teh airline is Santa Barbara operated in Venezuela. Of course my skill painting is not as good as leen but is enouph for me, if someone want it, just mail me.RegardsCesar/VenezuelaYV52

Guest Chris Wallace

Well Leen, I guess that proves that great minds think alike! :-) (I guess it also proves that I don't read the forum very closely!!) Whether people would prefer to use the Wiki site, or the anchored post above, or whatever...the main thing is to get some more communication going, encourage people to interact to share ideas, skills and generally collaborate for the improvement of the community. I offer the Wiki site as one means to do that.The repaint kit is really a great guide though, between that and the hundreds of great photos at Airliners.net, I almost feel as though I could try a repaint myself (remember, I said "almost"....:-))Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Chris Wallace

Cesar,That's a fine looking repaint, I wouldn't worry about not getting much feedback from the forum, that is commonly the case due to the small size of the community and just the nature of the forum sometimes. But I'd encourage you to upload the repaint to AVSIM, and link it from the ATR 42-500 page on the Wiki site. Same goes for anybody else who has an original paint sitting on their hard drive!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

>Well Leen, I guess that proves that great minds think alike!>:-) , I almost>feel as though I could try a repaint myself (remember, I said>"almost"....:-))Thanks for the compliment Chris ;)Why , just " almost" , give it a try yourself , it is great fun to do and in case of any problems there are always friends to assist you.I am doing repaints for about three years now and still learning daily.First I started repainting for FLYII! with the Pa19 PH-WAP and did not have a clue what to do.So, I just mailed to some repainters and asked for help.The "master-painter" Grant Millikan and the " wizzard of sim" Jean Sabatier (from ROTW) guided me into the world of the brushes.Today I am ( sorry for saying this about myself ) quiet skilled in painting , BUT I was only able to reach this level with the help of many great friends.These days I still do original- and re-paints for FLYII! and I am also doing repaints for FS9.Just as in the days, when I started repainting, I am in love with the smaller airplanes , bigger than a Fokker F50 or the ATR I never did.Repaints of bigger planes ( Jet-airliners ) are less complicated.Doing the sometimes "impossible repaints" of light aircraft is a challenge to me.( including panels and inside-views)I am doing a complete serie of Norwegian (War)-birds now (for Fs9)Till now I did a Pa19 (my love-bird) ,a Cessna Bird-dog, Max Holste Broussard, Texan , Fairchild , Tiger Moth and a Bucker Jungmann.(picture= Bucker Jungmann)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118362.jpgTogether with my good friend Gunnar van der Meeren (Norway)we did the Mustang "Miss Suzy Q" for Fs9 , the same we did for FLYII!! two years ago.These Mustangs are Gunnars projects ,I had I minor part in it, but it illustrates the possibillity of doing repaints as a joint-venture by e-mail.Gunnar lives in Norway and I live in the Netherlands , we never met , nevertheless we are a great team in paintwork.I stopped counting , but I made about 65 repaints and the end is not in sight, I still enjoy doing it.So , if you get inspired and want to take up the brushes yourself.Do not hasitate , just DO IT.Need help? Just ask.RegardsLeen "Flybike" de Jager (ROTW)

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Cesar,I think you made a very nice repaint.Please publish this repaint , you can send it to Simvol/ROTW as well.Send the POD to me and I`ll hand it over to our webmaster.If you like I can make the callsign on the panel ( if you did`nt already did)My first repaints were of far lower quality than my repaints today , it did not stop me from publishing them.Some reactions were negative , take my advise , just ignore them.Other reactions pointed me in the right direction , giving me advise and help.I never ignored them.happy painting.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest YV52C

Tks both for the kind word.Leen already sent to your e-mail not the pod cause didnt know how to pod the file.rgdsCesar/VenezuelaYV52

Hi Cesar,When did you send it.I did not receive it till now?Please sent again.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks for you kind words about DragPoder Leen.I see that you still use the 1.0.The 1.2 version is out and handle correctly the date / time of podded files. Give it a try ;-)It's strange also that it's in French on a non french machine :-(It should appear in english !- roland -* ROTW member *

Bonjour Roland,Probably the program "feels" I am a ROTW member.Great program , thanks!Amiti

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints