Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

Aeromar XA-TRI beta uploaded to Wiki site

Guest Chris Wallace

I have uploaded a beta version of the Aeromar repaint to the Wiki ATR 42-500 page:http://flylegacy.dyndns.org/twiki/bin/view/Fly/ATR42-500The .zip file contains: - high (1024) and low (256) resolution textures - texture switch point is "farther" than default ATR - updated panel with XA-TRI registrationGive it a try if you're interested, and I'll upload to AVSIM sometime soon.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Chris Wallace

Thanks Leen...that's what I get for having a cluttered Art folder in my Fly2 install. I've uploaded a new .zip file which includes the PBM/ACT.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Forgot to say,The 1024 TIF is still in 16 milj colors.You could reduce it to 256 colors ( minus 2 Mb )When a repaint is very colorfull with much varying colors leave it 16 mil. to preserve visual quality.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Chris, it`s me again.I downloaded the newest version, it starts OK now.The registration on the panel works fine.I see you have some small problems to be solved.1st the area behind the nosewheel on the underside of the fuselage.2nd a little gray colorbleeding on top of the fuselage.3rd gray spot at the nose at the right side.4th red spot at the tail-dome.Solution:Make the parts shown by the arrows, white, then it`s PERFECT.( in this case simply make the whole tif around the fuselage white )I did this in the painkit.RegardsLeenPS forgive me for beeing so precisehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118709.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Chris Wallace

Thanks a lot for the feedback Leen, I really appreciate it. The right-side fuselage "stripe" needs to be lowered a pixel or two too, I think.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

No thanks Chris , my pleasure.Look at my arrows on the picture.There are four now.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Chris Wallace

Beta 3 has been uploaded, including the fixes recommended by Leen: - high-resolution TIF colour-reduced to 256 colours - made paintkit layer "fuselage colour-layer white" visible to fix colour bleeding at top/bottom/nose/tail of fuselageChris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Chris,My! You are a man of many talents indeed. :-) Nice repaint.! Better get used to the messy Art/data folders. :-lolThat's par for the course for add-on developers in FlY! II. :-)I was going to tease you about a missing fwd section of the flap o/b hinge fairing but realised that it is an .ACM error not painting error. I'll report it back to Jean.Cheers,Roger

Hi Roger,Please don`t,You are right about this issue , the rudder is`nt 100% too.But changing this items means making a new acm , that means all paints and repaints are worthless.It`s fantastic as it is.It`s enough for me.There will allways be parts of difference between a model and the reality, that`s no big deal.The only way to get it perfect is to buy the real thing and get a licence ;)Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Chris Wallace

Thanks Leen, that's very high praise! Of course, I'd be flattered if you added XA-TRI to the repaint list at the ROTW page. I've uploaded the final .zip to the AVSIM library, you could take it from there or I could e-mail it to you or Pacha...whatever you guys prefer.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hallo Chris,I cannot say we "prefer" a certain way of sending or receiving it.Please feel free to send it to Pacha yourself , I think he is reading this posts as well, so he must be expecting it ;)Ren

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Leen,Oh Oh !! I certainly wouldn't like to see that happen.Just logged on and read this. Sorry Mate but your warning is too late. I have already told Jean. No big deal, he wanted me to email back a piccy so I'll just tell him to forget I mentioned it.Cheers,Roger