Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

emb-120 --the empennage...

Guest tonyc

I am amazed to see that a few months away from design, modeling seems to flow. I learned the hard way with the Electra( which is practically finished, except for a few paneling and flight dynamics tweaks). Here's the tail with rudder and elevators moving.

Guest chezz

Hi Tony,can't wait to see her take off. thanks for your contribution to fly2.chris_CA

G'day Tony,Great work! And a post that I can really empathise with. I liken the experience to like breaking the sound barrier. You start modeling, with a relatively low drag curve, full of optimistic enthusiasm, but quickly reach the crical mach number where you you can see ahead a cliff face of a drag curve heading for the moon. But you hang in there, with all the trials and tribulations, disappointments and frustrations, you do the hard yards. You gain knowledge from the forum (Area Rule) Then one day :-) , inexplicably, the drag curve has peaked, things suddenly seem easier. Your boolean cuts are fine, animations work and textures look as intended. Modeling is easier and quicker.You are now on the back side of the decending drag curve.The drag curve will of course soon bottom out and start increasing again but this time at a much much much lower gradient.But you want to know the good news!You are now SUPERSONIC !! oh what a feeling. :-)CongratulationsRoger

Guest tonyc

You got it, Roger. It's amazing what age does in terms of the wisdom of learning. I do not have any musical talent, but I decided to take guitar lessons for the "zen" of learning. Surprisingly, my perseverance has pai d off. I'll never be a talented musician, but I am a lot more comfortable with a musical instrument than I was when I started.tony

Guest Steve Brown

Good on you Tony!I sure know what you mean with the guitar :-) Most of my friends are in the music industry or acting, and have always pushed me to do more this way. One of my good friends is Daren Warton out of Thin Lizzy (Now Dare). He played the keyboards with them. My Brother plays the violin & my uncles had there own band appearing on TV here in the UK. I find its a nice change to play your own stuff, very rewarding.Now creating your own planes too... WowStevehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org/bannernewsb.jpg NASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org