Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Problems with MAC.

Hi guys,Just a question,I know there are still ( a very few ) MAC-computer-users.Do these folks have any problems with some models and/or repaintsnot showing the right way in FLYII!.Like strange colors and tranparency?If so, please let me know.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,I know we had a problem with Giorgio's first 737 and Md, but this was due to the fact that the FIRST colour in the COLOUR TABLE was'nt set to: (0,0,0) BLACKThis is the only thing we need to make sure off and then everything else works fine.If you require any info or help..................just post me or email me.RegardsJohn.p.s. the ATR is looking very nice indeed!!

Thanks for your response JohnWhat you are telling about the 0.0.0. black is true , but has nothing to do with the phenomena I am talking about.I was asking about this strange effect because some people had such problems and I was able to solve the problem for them.So, I am not asking for help , but I am searching for people who need to be helped.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest farflyer

I have that problem with a few aircraft. The one I would like to use is the DC-8 Northwest Orient. But as you stated, I get a blue transparent aircraft. The Air Canada aircraft has the normal colors. How can I fix it? I am using OS 9 on an old iMac. My frame rates are terrible with constant jerking when I use OS10. Is there something I could do to fix that?

Hi mister ???????????To solve the problem you`ll have to unpod the pod file and change thetif file (s).The tifs are most likely 16 milj colors, for a MAC they should always be 256 colors.The problem you`ll have, is to unpod the pod file.Unpodding is only possible on a PC.If you have excess to a PC , Download PodView to unpod the file and use DragPoder for repodding it.I can change it for you if you like but I`ll need to have the POD.Please give me the download-link to the file ( from the library )then I`ll download and fix it for you.Give me your e-mail adress ( and your name , I do not work anonymous)and I`ll send it to you.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,....and guysYou can Extract files from a pod directly from FLY on a Mac. Just insert the Aircraft pod file into your Fly folder (NOT aircraft folder) and then start FLY!.Immediately hold down the CONTROL key once you've started FLY and you'll go straight into the EDIT window and from there you can EXTRACT the tif file you wish to change. (or any other file within the choosen pod)Before doing the above make sure you already have the following FOLDERS created in your FLYII folder: ART, DATA, WORLDThis will make sure the files you extract from the pod, are placed in their respective folders.Hope this HelpsJohn

Thanks John,Never to old to learn ;)I do not have a MAC and just repeated things some Mac users told me.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest farflyer

I have tried what John suggests, but have had no luck in getting to find the pod to extract. If you could fix that aircraft, I would appreciate it. It is the dc930northwest.zip from the avsim library. My email address is ukblue@cableone.net. Thank you.Has there been any progress at converting C4TO to the Mac. The ATC in the original is very weak. There had been some talk about it a few months ago. It gets frustrating as a Mac user to see all the cool stuff that the PCers get to use.Tom PetersonFargo, ND

Hi Tom,This trick takes only five minutes.I`ts already on it`s way to you.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest farflyer

JohnI got the editor to finally work to extract all the files, but after that, how do I make changes. Where do I find the files that I can change the call signs that the aircraft has.Tom PetersonFargo, ND

Hi Tom,I'm glad to see you figured it out OK!,............Just remember that by select the Numeric 3 on your keyboard (Once your in the editor) you can scroll through the POD's files and just extract the files you require individually (rather than extracting all files from a POD).The file you need to extract for the call sign is the SVH file. Once you extract and locate the file in the WORLD folder, just open it up in a text editor and change the CALL sign line. eg below: -- tail number -- N174AAto whatever you what.Hope this helps and you can understand my instructions.Kind regardsJohn