Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Flap Deployment Times

Hi Guys,I'm trying to slow down the visual deployment time on the flaps (so that the flap appears to move slowly)I thought it would just be a case of adding a ( 9.0 line ) into the WING file under the FLAP section (similar to the GEAR deployment in the WHEEL file).But I can't seem to slow down the FLAP part movement.As anybody any ideas?...........or Is this something that has to be modified in the PART MODEL.Thanks for your invaluable helpJohn

Guest tonyc

I could be wrong, John, but I think it's set in the animation phase when making a model. I am currently doing the flaps and have 30 frames to make the movement. I could have the flaps , let's say, move from 0 to 40 in 2 frames, or use all 30 frames.Tony

G'day John,Full marks for ingenuity ! but TRI have it already covered :-)It's (for time constant) in the .amp file. Fly! models the flaps as being electically operated. Also are the arrays for flap selection and airspeed limits. flap - flap control - flap - Essential Buss - PEbs - array of positions (deg) - 5 0 15 25 45 75 - array of speeds (kias) - 5 0 220 175 165 150 10.0Change the 10.0 to a lower value will slow down your flapsCheers,Roger

G'day Tony,Use all thirty one frames. Record flaps up on frame 0 and flaps full down on frame 30. Max/Fly! will automatically look after the in between frames.See my reply to John for flaps selection settings, airspeed limitations and speed control. You might want to change a few of those for the Electra.Cheers,Roger edit: spelling

Hi Roger,Thanks for that,...............I wondered what that was for.Thanks again mate for your help.John

Guest tonyc

thanks for the tip, Roger.Tony