Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Patches for C4TO.....

G'day all, I'm currently downloading C4TO ver 3.1 (dll) and wonder do I need to download both the 3.2 patch and the 3.3 patch or do I only need the 3.3 patch.? ie. Are the 3.2 modifications included in the 3.3 patch.Decided it's time to add a bit of ATC chat to my flying. :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

If you try the real thing, online ATC, you 'll never go back to anything else.Tony

Cannot recall speciffically, Roger - but I always did all three D/l's and installed one after the other. BUt I think 3.3 patch was mainly just an update to the dll file. Also, be aware there are still some issues with the 3.3.1 patch, namely cannot end (ALT+END) a session. There is a post about this a little further down... ;-)Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

G'day Ken,Thanks for replying.Do you Know if the "issues" were only introduced with the 3.3.1 patch?ie. If I only patch to 3.3 would I avoid the problems?Also just curious; what is the advantage of dll's over Fly!script?Cheers,Roger

G'day Tony,Thanks for replying.I wouldn't last five minutes flying online before being politely asked to log off. :-)If there's a bridge, I just have to fly under it or if there's an airfield I just have to break out into an aerobatic display. I'm just too much of a free spirit I guess. :-lolCheers,Roger

G'day Tony,Visited Vatsim site. Do they support Fly! II???? Couldn't find any referrence at all to Fly! II, just that other sim :-)Also is it expensive to join Vatsim.?? Have to watch my pennies. :-)Cheers,Roger

G'day Roger,Yes, Vatsim support Fly2 and there is no charge to register and join the group.At least there wasn't when I had the time to 'fly' with them.The Oceania group seem have to become much more active since I last connected and then it was only as newbie at Logan International (Boston) flying to Martha's Vineyard. Part of the difficulty I had related to the time differences but with more activity in the South Pacific it should be much easier now. I also felt acutely aware of my inexperience but as my real world flying has reached the stage of cicuits I am going to have to spend more time practising my radio work and so will have to get connected again.I still haven't had time to check more than a couple of Wayne's Oz airports wrt runway/taxiway alignment and Danny Vickers database. Both Charleville (YBCV) and Cobar (YCBA) are out of alignment.Unfortuntely, the aircraft I spend most time learning in is a Grumman AA5 which isn't available for Fly2 and so am having to spend more time with MSFS2K2.:-beerchug Ian

G'day Ian,Thanks for your thoughts.> Grumman AA5 - is that the "Tiger" ? - which isn't available for Fly! II. >Not available for MS2004 either?hhmmmm.! Do you own a digital camera?Cheers,Roger

G'day Roger, To be honest, I cannot really recall where that *bug* was introduced. I can only suggest loading each in and testing before loading up the next. 3.3.1 corrected a fault with the center to center handoff (which does work), but past that I don't recall much. I always use C4TO for IFR and just close the sim when I arrive at the gate. Let me test a couple things for ya real quick and report back.Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1ex- Weatherman Extrodinaire ;-)http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Hi Roger,The AA5 was manufactured by American Aviation and subsequently by Grumman and now by Tiger.The names American Traveller, Cheetah and Tiger I assume relate to who manufactured that particular model but I may be wrong.I don't have FS9 and so have not looked to see if a model is available for it. The model I have for FS2K2 is OK but I much prefer Fly2.The Tiger Aircraft website looks interesting, have just had a brief look.Finally, I have a digital camera so if you wish I'll send some photos next time I go which probably won't be for a couple of weeks.:-wave Ian

DOn't know if there are really any advantages between a script and DLL version... as a DLL (C+ coding) is really - more or less - a compiled script. So I guess the only advantage would be in size.Now, I am not sure which version I am, running right now, but will assume its 3.2. I can hit ALT+END and end the session with ATC fine. The main problem I encounter is more often than not, I end up with two (yes two) instances running - one male and one female voice as co-pilot. This makes for a very interesting time when deciding which instruction from ATC to follow, much less which transpoder code to use! :-hah But what I use is working for the most part, pretty well. I do wish when I assign crossing altitudes at various navaids that C4TO could read those in and use them. ;-)Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

G'day Ken,Thanks for looking into it for me. I've now got the base program and all the patches so I'll take a break from developing for a couple of weeks and get back to actually using (flying) the sim. :-)Cheers,Roger

G'day Ian,Yep the poor old bird has had a pretty turbulent history.The Traveller, Cheetah and Tiger are all variants of the AA5.I have the service manual general dimensions for th AA1 (1A & 1B) Trainer. As far as I can see the visual differences in the models of the trainer are basically different powerplant, and canopy profile. All major dimensions are the same.I have attached the manual page I'm refering to. How does the AA5 differ from the AA1?I'd be happy to have a go at getting the Grumman into Fly! II.If you could ask your flying school for a photocopy of the same page from the AA5 manual that would be great. :-) I'd also need the 7 x 45 degree views, main panel (left, middle, right) views plus any auxillary panel views that the AA5 has.All performance info I can download from the website.No rush, email me when you are ready.Cheers,Roger

Hi Roger,I shall ask for the service manual page.I have no knowledge of aircraft modellling for Fly 2 and so don't understand what the 7 x 45 degree views are. The panel views speak for themselves.Once I know exactly what you require I'll do my best to get it to you.Thanks,Ian

G'day Ian,The 45 degree views; taken every 45 degrees as the pilot swivels his head. Also would need views of any floor or centre console panels.045 fwd right090 right135 rear right180 rear225 rear left270 left315 fwd leftI didn't explain too well the first time. Take a look at the views of the Jabiru. That pretty much will explain what's required. Cheers,Roger