Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Peregrine Autopilot/Mode Selector Question

Hi Guys,Can someone please give me an explanation as to what the Perform Select button does on the Mode selector panel. I can't seem to find anything in the manual which refers to the correct operation of this button.If any of you can provide any info or perhaps give me a working example of how it should be used...........I'd really appreciate it.Thanks in advanceJohn

Good question, John. I don't think the performance feature for this button was actually activated within Fly!II, much less the original Fly!. And I am afraid I do not really know what it is supposed to do. I would hazard a guess that it was supposed to activate a sequence of changes to the autopilot settings i.e. like change in heading and altitude - make the change, but nothing would happen until you pressed Perform Select. :-hmmmThat is what I am guessing... The Dtag is "psel" in the panel definition file, but to what that is tied to is most likely something that would have been hard coded that we are not able to discern.What you might try is if had purchased the original Fly! and still have the manual for that, some information may be in there. Mine is packed away... :-(Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken............hows the big move going?..........are your slippers unpacked yet!!I thought perhaps it had not been modelled, and I think what you state makes alot of sence.Thanks for the reply.All the bestJohn