Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Squawkbox 3.1 and 3.21

Hi,I have Squawkbox 3.1 installed and have very limited space on my HD.I understand that it is essential to have all the aircraft listed in Squawkbox 3.21 to prevent a CTD.I have the TBM 700; PMDG 757 and 777; pa28 and Seneca V installed.Can anyone give me an idea how much memory the extra addon aircraft take up.Is it possible to only install some of the addon aircraft files and get 3.21 to function?Thanks,

Guest ben_

I.m not sure I can give you exact answers here; but, as I said in an earlier thread I tried to set up the minimum SB3.2 - that means I haven't looked at the new peer-to-peer POTW network ( which doesn't need a server but does need the extra repaints (extra downloads)).I looked at my aircraft folder properties and I have:900,084,427 bytesThis includes:all default aircraft (hst files,etc)- as well as theminimum sb3.2 aircraft incl. SquawkBox_AI.pod 104,312,832 bytes -which was installed during the automatic installation.I only have 512 MB memory and the system seems to work for the basic 3.2.( One other gotcha during the getting it going phase was my attempt to select the SquawkBox menu item under plugins would freeze my system.I eventually discovered that I needed to create a flight plan first and then therre were no problems).Good luck :) - I'm sure it will be worth the effort to get another wonderful gift from ROTW up and running.Ben

Guest roland_lfor

The minimum aircraft to be installed are checked as "Required" in the "AI library listing.PDF" file. It's the minimum for Ivao/Vatsim.You can either try the POTW system with this minimum if you modifiy the CSL_ICAO.csv file (root). Just replace the 'A' char at the ned of a line with a 'I' char (activ ==> inactiv) for the POTW specific livery you miss.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest ben_

rolandThanks for the tip ( and thanks for your work).ben

Guest Eagle

Some of us, and I am one of those, need step by step instructions on installing. After unZIPing the file I am presented with an .exe file which I click on and then the fun starts. I am asked where to place the file. Now I can say the foot of FLYII or I can choose the Sbox folder. I choose Sbox which was not a good choice as it did not work.Should I go back and install in the FlyII root directory. I decide not to as I don't know what will happen. One try is enough for me.Would I like a readme file telling me where to install the program. You bet. Anyone want to tell me where to put it????:-lol

Guest ben_

WayneI had he same problems :)If I installed in Fly11 directory, Fly11 didn't work because I didn't have all the necessary planes for sb.I did discover in theC:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIhowtoSquawkBox dirctory the AI library listing.pdf which explained what I needed; but, I only discovered it after installing SB32 which stopped me using Fly11 :)Plan B:Copy the squawkBox directory contents to another temp directory, either uninstall SB32 until you can read your saved how tos ORTake a deep breath then install the planes you may not already have in your aircraft (incl their dlls in the C:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IImodulespc folder).ps: one extra gotcha is ac_defaultFix.POD is DEFINETLY needed for B1900- from my earlier post not ROTW:Installing aircraftAIRCRAFT ---------------------------------------------------------ATR42500V4.PODB707d.zip b727a_fly2.zipb737v20.ZIPairfrance737500.zipeasyjet737-500.zipac_defaultFix.PODEthough tony cervone says ac_defaultFix.POD is not neededmy Fly! won't start without it.(ac_defaultFix.POD:PROS: C172 clock readableCON: New aircraft centres: Sahara - GOOD , Pilatus- (Not for me)B1900d.zip ( needs ac_defaultFix.POD )AS-365N2v110.pod P51BC_x.pod PA19 (pa19_20, Pa19_21, Pa19_22, Pa19_23)saab340_beta2.zipfly2_ac_seneca_v_v1.zipStaggerwing stagd17_v1.zipTBMv1.zipeurofighter_typhoon.zip-------------------------Hope I'm not stepping on ROTWs toes here - but this was the way Igot it to workGood Luck :)

Guest roland_lfor

It's the Fly! 2 root directory of course.I have to apologize here because it's not written...But it's written in the installer that all the documentation is located in HowToSquawkBox ;-)- roland -* ROTW member *

G'day Roland,Is it possible to ADD new aircraft to the list to work with POTW.I'm wondering if something similar to the feature in "cabin calls" where the end user has the ability to modify the program by adding new aircraft types to the list of recognised aircraft, or can this only be done by the authors before compiling the program??Also I'm wondering if the TRI default aircraft are used with the program.??? They are not mentioned on the list of required aircraft??A great concept that will do wonders for for all Fly!ers Thanks for the all the work put in by all the ROTW guys.Cheers,Roger

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Roger,Yes the original TRI ones are supported except the Bell 407 I think.Yes it's possible to add other aircraft to the lib, but it's not so simple :- Create a new .sbx file which call a new NFO file (see in World folder for special AI NFO format)- Create a new AMP and LOD called from NFO, the LOD call a new ACM with all mobile surfaces animations locked at center pos (31 frames equal to the 16th)Repeat this for the Med res AI (new SBX calls new NFO calls new ACM with a 512x512 TIFF)...Add the 2 new entry to the CSL_ICAO.That's all folks *:-* - roland -* ROTW member *