Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Hey ! What about a Yosemite tour with me ... ?

Guest laurentC

Hi all,With the last improvements made, the dll "formation" is coming funny enough ! Then, what about a funny challange ? Can you keep pace with me around the Yosemite valleys ?The first step is to gain altitude to cross the first pass, then after a funny roller-coaster ... and a breathtaking "U" turn in a cirque, you'll have to head for the airport again and gain altitude to cross a 12000' pass.The final approach flies over the east MMH lake ...Have I wet your appetite ... ?Download Yosemite Tour (v1.0.3) from :http://balloon.flightsims.perso.cegetel.ne...FORMATION1.htmlCheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,as I am very interested in your FORMATION flights I want to inform you that I cannot FLY! the next days/week(?) as my Win XP system crashed and is not bootable actually. :-(I am now online with my Suse LINUX system but this is only for serious work so I have to get my Win$$$ machine working again to do the Yosemite Tour (and other FLY!ghts).RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest laurentC

Hi Georg,I sympathize with you ... In the meanwhile I'll implement some refinements and continue the development.Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest laurentC

Hi there,for those still interested by the dll, I just completed a V.1.0.4 that allows saving a flight during the playback of the previous one(s).Also added the gear up-down for aircraft that have such a feature.Still same link page :http://balloon.flightsims.perso.cegetel.ne...FORMATION1.htmlCheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest laurentC

Jan,I currently use the medium definition model for AI where propellers aren't rendered. If I use the hight resolution I can have stopped propellers when engine isn't running and vice versa (but low fps especially with many AI).I haven't tested it with helicopter yet but you can easily make a test by your own :- save a heli flight- open and save the heli LOD file (in the POD) in the 'world' folder removing both medium and low definitions for the model (or renaming those low models with the hight model ACM file name)This way, when you decide to have a playback of the flight, Fly! will select a hight definition model ... with rotors I hope ...Anyway this works with propelled aircraft.Let me know, if you ever test it ...Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest Jan

LaurentThanks for the reply.Not sure if it's only me,but I have problems with the 4th version.Recording works,and the files are stored in the formation folder.But when trying to play it,FlyII freezes,and locks up.Only way to get out is to pull the power cord,and restart Windows.This problem is on both my Fly installations,and regardless which aircraft/helo is selected.Any ideas?So long.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest laurentC

Hi Jan,Sorry ! But you can help me to sort it out ...If you have removed old files and installed both dll and pod in the last v104, can you please give me the gtfo.txt error report and the NFO file scripts in the formation folder ?By my side, I downloaded the version v104 and installed it without any trouble when playback a former flight ...Cheers,laurentC

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent, hi Jan,I am online again on Win XP and FLY!ing, of course!And I had the CTD, too, as described by Jan. But I remembered that I did NOT delete the FORMATION folder (Yosemite V3), only the other V1.3 files. And after deleting the FORMATION folder I could record a FLYHAWK flight, play it and record the second FLYHAWK pattern. Then, on the runway again, I played the "video" without error - the two recorded FLYHAWKS and my "real" FLYHAWK on the runway were visible and doing the things I recorded. Also the "V" key was functional.Only my mid-age AMD 2500 gave me some jitter on the pics though having recorded with 1/8 sec - workload might be too heavy for such a machine.After all, with only small experience and testing (just ONE try with version 1.4 as described above), I think the error has been caused by NOT deleting the old V1.3 files in the formation folder. Will do more testing this evening (with high LOD as you suggested).Thank you!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest laurentC

Thanks for the feedback Jan and Georg,Indeed I'm still in the development process and some things may need to be fixed or modified.I'll have to see why you Georg had a CTD with the V103 yosemite tour ... so, if Jan can have a normal flight I'll made some extra testings before any further ... on the contrary, I'll have to fix his problem of course.Jitters even with 0.125 s between each frames can be also explained knowing that films use 1/24 s per frames and even ugly animated cartoons are around 1/12 - 1/10 s. With 1/8 the eyes can't cover the gap between each frame if movement is to marked.I choosed 1/8 to save disk space but if you prefer we can make some tries with 1/10 - 1/12.Cheers,laurentC

Guest laurentC

... continued ...Well you were perfectly right Georg, the Yosemite tour v103 was unreadable by the new dll (basically because now NFO files need to have a <_PSS>TRI1.pssor whatever model it is) to be rendered properly.So I updated the Yosemite tour to the V104, and I hope you'll enjoy it again. http://balloon.flightsims.perso.cegetel.ne...FORMATION1.htmlThanks for the help,laurentC

Guest HeliFLYer

Bon soir, Laurent!I want to add that I tried to get an animated (rotating) propeller and modified the *.lod file of the FLYHAWK. First the good news - in my "video" with 3 AI Flyhawks they all showed up in high resolution - wonderful for the eyes! AND you managed with the new version that I could toggle between all outside views - chase, observer, tower, fly by, ..Then the bad news - no animated prop, steering elements (front gear, ailerons, rudders..) are shown in an "fixed activated" way (FLY seems to display them in an randomized ((but not changing during the display time)) position as there are no data how they should be).Anyway, the advantage for eye candy of the high LOD display will let me choose it from now. And .. if you could increase the scan rate possibility, it would be worth a try (disk space is cheap).Now I'll download Yosemite for a fun flight!AmicalementGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest HeliFLYer

Laurent,just one observation/remark added:did you use a special version of the Malibu?I could not follow the AI plane, it was too fast (over the time). I tried two times.There might be three reasons for that1. you have an improved version of the Malibu with higher speed2. as I do not FLY! this bird regularly I might have flown "suboptimal"3. playback is a little too fast on my PC, might be a) a timer problem :( a software problemIs there anyone else who has already tried the Yosemite flight???RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Jan

Laurent and GeorgI got it to work again.Maybe it was an AI file sitting in my World folder,or that I selected another AC from the quickflight menu prior to the recording.Had 7 high res Bells and Sikorskys flying in formation.Really cool.But the static rotor ruin some of the impression.Is it possible to fix it? And also a faster recording value?Many thanks Laurent.Take care.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest laurentC

Hi Georg and Jan,Happy to see it works again.As far as the Malibu I must say she's the original one, but I set prop and mix to an optimization level (did I ?) and I had all the first climb period with the throttle at full range all the way up. I don't know if it was a good thing to do ... but the idea was to have a race with the user. I remember that the speed was often at the end of the yellow range (not a good idea in real life) ... and even once I broke a wing while going in a steady dive !Maybe timers are somehow depending of the CPU capacities, but I doubt it ... anyway in my next scheduled improvements there's a better use of the registred time ... so ...Have a faster record timer is really easily to do : I'll try a 1/12 sec, if you agree ...Hight resolution ACM have the problem you described : I tried to fix it but without success, and furthermore two hight resolution planes are tremendously dropping my fps capacities with a middle age machine.Jan, can you post a picture with your seven heli formation ? I will try to fix the static rotor if I can this week end ...Hope to have new features at the end of the week-end ... Cheers,laurentC