Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Hey ! What about a Yosemite tour with me ... ?

Guest HeliFLYer

Ok, Laurent ..as I can't beat you even with full throttle I am going to be a little unfair and taking another craft, eh eh!But seriously spoken, I like very much flying in formation and hope (and will then beg for it) for some didactic files from "fixed wing professionals" when we have got a stable version (from the development and saved file structure). They could provide some pretty realistic flight patterns with some explanations in a readme.txt file to FLY! (and with this I could improve my fixed wings skills).If we could get a moving rotor disk I would think of doing some helo flights for those who want to learn a better handling. But looking at a helo FLY!ing with fixed rotorblades - it brakes my heart :-zhelp And JAN - I am also interested in a screenshot of your MIXED helo-formation :-beerchugThank you Laurent, seeing forward to next version!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Jan

Hi.Thanks Laurent,for your work.Hope you can solve the rotor issue :)Here is a screenshot.Not very good though,but shows 5 different S61s, and a S76 pluss the Bell.The R44 crashed just earlier due to pilot error ;) So long.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Jan,very impressive!CheersGeorg

Guest laurentC

Nice Jan : thanks !Now if you download the ongoing dll linked below, you may want to test a Bell without rotors and a 1/12 sec record capacity as discussed above (just replace former dll -- don't mind about the check box label 1/8).Cheers,laurentC

Guest Jan

Laurent and Georg.Thanks.I just tested the latest dll.Only the rightrotorblade was removed.The other three is still in place.Other than that,it seemed to work OK.At least on the Bell.Have not tested it with other types of helos yet.Take care.JanEdit: It didn't work with the Sikorsky.All 5 blades present.If the propeller works with the Cessna,and the prop is defined in the eng file,is it possible to add the rtr file from the world folder to the AImodel file?And then have animated rotors regardless of type?http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest laurentC

Jan, the removed blade was intended for the medium model not the hight model.The medium quality model has only one global blade called blade1 (and rblade1 incidentally for the tail rotor) : removing the hight quality model's blades needs to hide each blade part one by one (that can be done of course if needed, but it wasn't my initial intent since the dll design still sticks with the medium quality models).The prop doesn't appear either with the medium quality planes ... only with hight quality.Unfortunally, with hight quality planes the prop spins and desappears, while with helicopters not. This is hard coded I suppose ... but I'll test your idea about the rotor file.Cheers,laurentC

Guest Jan

Thanks for the explanation Laurent.I always use the high res models, so I didn't see it.Thanks anyway.I can just take one (or several) of my high res models,and remove the blades in the ACM file,and save it by another name,for this kind of flying.If your solution don't work ;)Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest Jan

Laurent.I had a great time tonight with your formation dll.Creating an airshowat my local airport.Four Vampires (made by Roger)in formation, doing a fly by,with the fifth approaching from the opposite direction, flying through the formation.(pic 3)The possibilitys are endless for this kind of flight recording/playing.Many thanks.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest laurentC

Thanks Jan, you took very impressive pictures ... it's pure fun.I hope people will see all the good stuff this dll can allow.I'm trying to have more precision with timers now, to get more controlled speed in challange flights or in educational flights, then I'll go with the second part of the project : the AI traffic around airports depending of recorded time .Cheers,laurentC

Guest laurentC

... in the meanwhile I updated the zip version with the last adjustments (1/12 timer and invisible rotor blades in medium quality heli models), and I prepared a sort of training tour around HAF (PPT tour). http://balloon.flightsims.perso.cegetel.ne...FORMATION1.htmlBut don't mind, eh, eh ! As holydays are finished, I will ask for a training tour from a pro !As for timers, have you ever tested the time (hour-minutes-seconds)displayed in the TAB upper right information screen display ? I did ... and I have the feeling that is far from being accurate !!! Compared to a chronometer it gains almost 10 seconds each ten minutes.Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest pilotsim7828

Hey Jan , Those are new Heli`s I have`nt seen before, Are those going to be released soon ?pilotsim7828

Guest Jan

Hi Jeff.Sorry, but I have no idea when or if they will be released.I don't work on them anymore.There isn't much left regarding graphics and flight model.Mainly systems.And with Alex bogged down in work,and/orschool,there is no way I can connect the remaining systems myselfe.We could always release them as they are,post alpha/pre-beta.Better than never.But I would prefer them to be somewhat more completed.We'll see.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg