Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

AI around the airport

Guest laurentC

Hi there,The "formation" dll is coming pretty well now, with the help of Georg and Jan.The second part of the project was to create AI traffic around you favorite airport.If you have, like me, the HAF (Allen Kriesman's old California Half Moon bay) scenery and some spare time ... have a look at the dll v106 and its HAF (v106) associated scenery( http://balloon.flightsims.perso.cegetel.ne...FORMATION1.html )You should be able to follow a C172 having many training tours from her flying school hangar ... this is still a working version, but it's cool fun already !haf3mn.th.gifCheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,as I had to work the whole weekend I used the late nighthours to do some tests as my work (now) today starts at noon.I got directly from 1.04 to 1.06, installed the HAF scenery and your files. Generally spoken, there is a big improvement to the former version and I enjoyed the (long!) demoflight very much.But (at least) I got some errors and I might have the explanations for them:1. On ground (taxiing, runway) the AI Cessna stucks in the ground and this makes the whole scenery flicker as two different layers are mixed up. This cannot be demonstrated in a screenshot, as you only get one layer but you might imagine what happens.I think it is the result of different scenery elevations you and I have, I only installed the pure airport TM-scenery, no elevations.When the bird is in the air all is ok.2. When I tried to record my own "video" I got several severe problems:a) I learned that although the FLY! aircraft selection menu shows a "407" it was not the original - after a CTD I looked into the F..-dat/*.nfo file and it showed "4072". After changing that I the replay workedBUT there was a heavy scenery jitter though the helo was airborne.When I tried to record a flight at EDDW I got one CTD and one "Frozen FLY!".OK, now it is early morning and I am tired, no further tests now. But I wanted to share my test results with you.There is no possibility to do further tests until Tuesday evening, might be Jan has got some results, too.But you are on the right way, this kind of possibilities I dreamed about for a long time :-)All the best to youRegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123090.jpg

Guest laurentC

Thanks Georg for the feedback : really appreciated.I'll go with your remarks asap.For the record, I also have the original scenery elevations and only the HAF scenery ...Cheers,laurentC

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,very unexpected I had some very short freetime this late evening for another test and I am very sorry to have to say that I FOOLED YOU, it was me with the different elevations at HAF.I switched off all installed USA scenery with my FLY!Tweaker for testing purposes and THEN all was ok with the HAF 1.06 testflight (Cessna on ground and no scenery flickering).Sorry for eventually causing work and trouble, but it was NOT clear for me that I have some USA scenery installation which also changes elevations for HAF (Socal???)Tomorrow evening I have more time for a better look at the problem with the CTD after recording my own flight. I tried it again this evening with the Cessna at EDDW and again a CTD. But I had NOT deleted your sample files in the Formation-Data folder. This might be the reason, tomorrow I try my own recording with an empty Formation-Data folder (is that intended?).Stay tuned, I'll report about my findings.Once again, sorry for misleading you with HAF problems!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest YV52C

Dear LaurentJust to let you know that I got following error after playback with the F16Angle 66.032310 is too big!File: Simutil.cppline 222YV52/Cesar

Guest laurentC

Thanks to both of you, Georg and Cesar for the feedback :I checked it out carefully but didn't found anything wrong till now ...Old versions files have to be removed, indeed, because the data file header in v106 has slighly changed to allow repetitions.I will verify the F16 to see why orientation seems to have overflowed.Cesar, can you attach your offending files to a reply, telling in which situation the error occurred ?Doing my tests I added a second Cessna in HAF : The scenery files have been placed in the main page site. The second C172 starts looping at 16h31 UTC from the hangar area. The pattern is shorter than the first C172, with a runway overfly before the actual landing.Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest YV52C

Laurent,Just one thing, should I remove all files from the formation file?, pls let me know to test the formation again.Cesar

Guest laurentC

Well, you should always remove any file from the folder "formation" before any test, mainly because old files versions may not work properly with the current version, and incidentally because dat files are made for a specific geographic area (around airports) and it's not a good idea having a lot of memory loaded with useless data.By my side, I use to zip all the files linked to an airport (zip named with the icao code), included the ini file, in order to install the files only when they are needed for a specific intent ... then quickly remove them again.If it happens that these file are also used with sceneries ... well, we'll need to find a more convenient way to manage them without all that copy and past matter !!! Ok : I'm going to test F16 now ...Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest laurentC

I tested the Vigetti's F16 model with the dll and all works perfectly.Here an example from the JJET.zip file ( install this files in your 'formation' folder )Flying Refuelling=============Tanker t/o from ROW at 16h00 and climbs to 10.000 feet, heading 270At 16h15 it holds 220 KIAS climbing to 17000 feetAt 16h24 it holds speed around 240 KIASAt 16h45 end of the flight Then replace the AIModel0.nfo with the NFO included in F16_AIModel0.zipMaybe I'll have to hide the gear in flight ... !?!Cheers,laurentC (rotw)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123209.gif

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,at last I got your 1.0.6 version running quite well.This is what I learned until now to avoid CTDs1. only use aircrafts with lower (medium?) LOD2. always clean the formation-data folder before recording your own flight3. if you use recording provided by another FLY!er be sure you have the exact scenery (elevations) from the recordingThis is unsolved for me1. CTD when replaying (a recording with) two AI crafts (all default Cessna) and one "real" Cessna. Using the "V" key the second/third time regularly gives a CTD. Watching the flight from the first AI aircraft (only 1 time "V") is ok.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDWBTW: thanks for the F16 sample. Trying it this very late evening.Will be fun, I am pretty sure!

Guest YV52C

Thanks LaurentI will check.rgdsCesar