Sign in to follow this  
Guest YV52C

Help! Fly2 Black flashing screen every 30 sec.

Guest YV52C

Dear FriendsDue to some virus , I have to format my C driver, althought Fly!was on other drive, but I have to reinstall the video controller, since them I have a black flashing screen evrey 30sec, I know this is issue was touch long time ago, if anybody knwos how to fix it, pls inform.video card Ge Force 2 MX400 64mbdrivers version 44.03win XpRgdsCesar/Yv52/Venezuela

Hi Cesar,Had the same problem once.I did this:Rename the render ini and fly.ini.Remove the video driver and restart the PC.Start Fly once and close.Install the newest driver for your video-card.Restart the PC and launch FLY again.Now restore the render ini. ( keep one copy for ,you never know)With me this solved the problemRegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest YV52C

Tks leen , you always there to help, my concern is the new driver, I read once that new drivers with geforce64 is not working properly so Im afraid to use new one, what you think?I would like to know if somebody has updated the driver for this card.tks anyway I will try to do your recomendation anyway.rgdsps: got the psp 7.0 for my repaint, let you know later for tips.Cesar/Yv52

I do not think it can do any harm.Some weeks ago I installed FLYII from my own back-up-DVD on the computer of a friend.( just for testing my DVD , removed the program afterwards )I wanted the DVD tested to be sure, I can trust it in case of blowing up my machine.It was a state of the art super PC ,with the newest drivers.All worked well.So whenever my machine dies I`ll be FLYII!-ing again on a new machineafter a one hour install.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest andrewluck

Same problem here. Very annoying.I tried Leen's instructions with no effect. When starting Fly! for the first time after removing render.ini as soon as I select one of the DX options the screen starts flashing.GeForce 4400Driver ver 77.72Windows XP sp2Anyone else seen this and fixed it?RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Andrew,I have not experienced this problem, but have any of you reinstalled DirectX? This usually needs to be done, even if you have the current version but have reinstalled (or updated) the driver.

Randall Rocke

Guest Colins2

Andrew,Can you describe your 'flashing'?What I get is this:While Fly is starting, while the helo is visible, I get a couple of quick screen clears to black and then back again.The sim loads and my default view is the cockpit of the Malibu.I get frequent flashes which are more annoying than anything else, The sim works OK. If I change to an outside view, the flashes just about stop but resume as soon as I choose cockpit view again.As most of the time I am checking terrain views, I can get by with that.That machine has XP SP2 installed and my problem seems to have started then.I have another machine that I run Fly on that is a bit lower spec and without SP2. I don't get the flashes on that one.Both machines have nVidia cards and the latest drivers.For my money it has to be SP2 and/or DirectX 9.0c.It will be interesting to see what others get.Colin

Guest Colins2

Hi Randall,I'll give that a try although I have never had to do it in the past.Colin

Guest andrewluck

ColinFlashes are exactly as you describe.I shall try re-installing DirectX and see if that makes a difference.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Tried re-installing DirectX but as it's already installed nothing much happens. Anyone have any other ideas.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

I'm sorry to hear there's no improvement.As far as DirectX already being installed, that's not quite the case. It is my understanding that the DirectX install reads the attributes of the installed media drivers and installs the proper support for their features. If you then upgrade your driver, some of the new features wouldn't be supported until DirectX was reinstalled. That's why I thought it was worth a shot.I haven't done that in every case myself, but I have reinstalled it from time to time with no problems. :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest andrewluck

RandallJust ran DXDIAG and it reports no problems and the Direct3D tests run OK.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Colins2

Hi Andrew,Just a bit of news for you - probably not what you want to hear though!My mobo had been playing up a bit, things not working very well, like lan ports, sound etc. so I changed it.Before, I had a relatively expensive Asus board,

Guest andrewluck

ColinThanks for the information. I've been pricing up a new mobo so looks like that's another reason to upgrade :-).ThanksAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Just an update to this.Upgraded the graphics drivers to 81.85 and on a short flight the problem had disappeared.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH