Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

Donny / Shalomar - please have a look!

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,I added a personal wish to yours and therefore FLY!Tweaker 1.8 will have the possibility to make 3 "personal default ini-files" (sorry, I had no other idea how to call them, English is not my native language :-/ ):1. fly.ini2. default.key (Key settings)3. controller.txt (Controller settings)Fly!Tweaker already has the possibility to select files for 2./3. but you have to do it manually before starting FLY!. And although you had the helo config loaded the last time you left FLY! from time to time FLY! corrupts your configuration and you get some strange effects (when you fire FLY! and do NOT select your 2./3. config via FLY!Tweaker). This was the reason to save the key- and controller files via FLY!Tweaker and make them selectable. It is a really strange FLY! bug, at least one other German FLY!er had the same problems as I.So from now you will save your personal config/ini files for 1 - 3 and run FLY! or FLY!Start through FLY!Tweaker, having checked that these files shall be used. No more problems. If you don't check, the last files are active as normal.This is just a quick workaround, squeezing the buttons into a corner.But the fastest solution to get it solved! :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123645.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123647.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123648.jpgRegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest HeliFLYer

Donny,all is done and tested, works fine for me :-) :-)Do you want to test it? ZIP < 400 KB. Then mail me, I reply with the attached ZIP this evening.No doc yet, this is the reason I cannot upload the new version now. But with the hint in this original post and the pics it is quite easy to do.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I will send you a message thru Avsim. BTW, I am having some other trouble. I wound up installing some files I hadn't known were included on the DVD, with not good results. I uninstalled, took the opportunity to repartition my drive, then did an automatic DVD install. This time I did not put in the 777 or anything else not on the DVD. I teleported from LFNA to KABE, where I discovered my ILS and vector map had the same problem as described before. (totally bogus indications, and when I click on a navaid lat/long and freq are all zeroes.) Before I had put in a bunch of other stuff before I noticed the problem, but not this time. After flying for a while, I got an error message concerning py.dll. Never noticed it before, but I have two modules folders, one in the root (like "aircraft" and "scenery" and one in system folder. The modules folder in system just has py.dll, nothing else. I couldn't find it using the Tweaker so I typed in the .notused extension. After flying for a while around Allentown PA USA, I get no error mesage, but a total system lockup. I re-inited the paths, but Flytweaker was on C drive and was never uninstalled. Okay, I'm a dunce. Any ideas?Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,this all seems really strange for me and I have no idea how to help you with these problems.FlyTweaker NEVER was intended to touch the py.dll in the [system] folder as this is a FLY!-core dll and the interface for all the Python scripting language.I never tried switching it off, ONLY the add-on python scripts (*.py (uncompiled) and *.pyc (compiled) which are only used for specific sceneries, adventures or other add-ons (Alpe d' Huez scenery, Cordouan UL aircraft, etc).To be honest, I also had big performance problems after doing a clean ROTW DVD install, therefore I did this *.dll and *.py/c switching after some investigation. From that time the ROTW FLY! install is running without problems although I installed a lot of other aircraft, scenery and add-on (ie Laurent's Formation DLL).I DOUBT THAT FLYTweaker CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS KIND OF STRANGE PROBLEMS, but of course I'll mail V 1.8 to you now.May be you have to do another clean DVD install, then switch off the critical *.dlls and all *.py scripts (!!!) with FlyTweaker.I hope you have not installed SP2 for Windows XP before doing the last DVD install. My experience with SP2 is very, very bad. Some weeks ago I installed SP2 and my PC crashed 2 days later when my son played one of his strategy games (which had been used for months with SP1 without any problem). After that the registry had been distroyed and it was not possible to repair, I had to do a complete new install. Since that time I am back again on SP1 for the sims and games. Sorry that I cannot offer you any real help!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Shalomar

I think the problem might have originated from not reinstalling the tweaker when I reinstalled FLY. I'll use 1.8 next time, thanx. Still totally perplexed as to the ILS and vector map, never happened without the dvd and it happens with and without the tweaker. When I try to run flystart, I get the message "error reading file airport.dbt" New database?Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,1.I think your whole fresh install is corrupted and you have to do it again. You should not install into an old FLY! folder with content, do a complete fresh install. It seems that your database files (*.DBI, *.DBT, *.DBD)in folder (FLY!database...) are faulty (as FLY!Start indicates).Read the ROTW instructions how to install the DVD (you must have a base FLY! install first).2.FLY! Tweaker is just a primitive tools not changing anything by default. It is like a screw-driver, only if *YOU* use it it can change files like FLY.INI or RENDER.INI or ..But if you make a fresh install and don't change anything with the Tweaker it cannot have any (bad or good) influence on these (corrupted?) files.Take the time and do the new complete install! And if you have a DVD burner, save it afterwards on DVD, then you can copy it from there to HD if needed! With my PCs, I can even run FLY!II directly from DVD, I did it some time ago on the PC of my daughter when I had to change the mainboard of my PC due to a hardware failure. It worked pretty well when FLY!ing, only the loading time is a little longer. RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I'll do that. Just to humor me, could you teleport from LFNA in France to KABE USA and tell me if the ILS on runway 06 (110.7) works properly and when you click on a VOR on the vector map do you see the lat/long coordinates and freq? I've had this off and on thru multiple installs, even after formatting the logical partition FLY was installed on. I always delete the FLY folder, in fact I sent it to an "incinerator" where it was overwritten ten times. I seem to remember that when the ILS/vector map problem "went away" I had done one of the following:Teleported from somewhere in the U.S. to somewhere in the U.S???Installed candex.exe, which updated the Canadian database. But at that point I teleported to Seatle from KABE for a flight to Vancouver, it was during that flight I noticed my vector map and ILS were functional.Whatever is going on affects C4TO' vectors also. But C4TO is definitely not the source of the problem, the first few times it happened it wasn't installed.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Shalomar

I lost everything in a hard drive failure and I only found Flytweaker 1.6 in the library which has a problem with the calc feature. I am using the Render.ini that came with the DVD and getting major stutters with a Radeon X1300 256 DDR MB. Any chance I could get a version of FlyTweaker that the Mem Calc works?Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,you see that I am lurking around here regularly, otherwise I would not have found your new post. There have been requests from other FLY!ers in the meantime for a revised FLY!Tweaker.Although I am working with a Linux O/S since some time I have a small WinXP partition left for programs which I want to use. It is a big pity that FLY!II does not work properly with my new hardware, it has big videocard/driver related problems. Without a working FLY!II I cannot control what I am really doing.So there might be a last chance during the winter-season where I might have some more time to get this fixed.I am doing now a lot of work for FlightGear but I'll never forget FLY!II and this wonderful community and therefore I'll try to give support if possible.Did you try the "mem-calc" program which is also available for this purpose? RegardsGeorg "HeliFLYer" EDDW

Guest Shalomar

Thanx for everything you have done and continue to do for the flight sim community. I will look up "memcalc".Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.