Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

ATR42-500 Problem

Guest Eagle

I have had several good flights but now I have a problem. After reaching 10,000 ft. I get a warning and when looking at the upper panel I see a Low Pressure light on the right engine. Shortly after that both engines cut off. Can someone help?

Guest roland_lfor

I think your ATR need some maintenance ops !Once on ground and engines off, go to the failure panel and click repair.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest lucizeta

Dear Wayne,I don't know if this can help but after about 15 minutes of fly with ATR42-500 I have often had stop of one motor.I don't know if was low pressur but using ANTI ICING and DE ICING VALVE during climb and cruise I have finally solved this problem.Many thanks for your GREAT work in FLY!II!!!Luciano - LIME

Guest Eagle

I had not thought of doing that, Luciano. I will give it a try.I did as Roland suggested and everything worked OK for at least one flight. Looking at the upper panel I did not see any warnings as far as repairs, but I did press the repair button.I still get the low pressure warning in the upper panel and it may be because of an icing problem. I will throw the switches and see what happens.I enjoy this plane and don't want it to sit.

Wayne,Anti-Icing must be activated at 10,000' per the posted procedures.

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

Read the DIRECTIONS, that is why they are there. I often put something together and when it doesn't work I then read the instructions. :-hmmm :-lol

Wayne,I kind of go the opposite way sometimes - I keep reading the procedures over and over instead of flying... :-)BTW, I'll finally be delivering that little list of airports that we talked about so long ago

Randall Rocke