Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Interesting

Guest Eagle

The number of files downloaded in the past 7 days:Fly - 3,439FlyII - 2,356It would appear that there is still an interest in the older version of Fly.

G'day Wayne,There are many "closet" Fly! simmers of both versions. Library downloads is probably the best indicator to judge the level of user participation.Did you notice the London scenery uploaded to the Library yesterday by Daniel Arias. I don't remember him ever posting to the forum.I find it a little strange that the level for Fly! is higher than Fly! II? Where are they all??? Very few Fly! posts have been made to the forum?As you say the figures are "interesting" but I wouldn't bet my house on them. :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest paradoxbox

I think it's likely because Fly! has made its way into tha hands of people with older computers, and people living in less developed countries than most of us are from. At this point in time those guys are getting the kind of computers just perfect to run programs such as Fly!2k.

Fly! remains an excellent flight sim, despite its age, not only able to run on a 200mhz machine and 16 mb graphics card at basic level with out the frame rate suffering a great deal, but also it has a much more advanced ATC (a great catch for many) than the nearest choice, fs98, and not to mention the price, i bought it back in 2001 for the less than the price of a big mac meal, so yes probably ppl flying in countries where computers of low performance are still of use are getting access to it, or else there are a lot of old ladies in the developed countries that just discovered how to use their pc to fly ;)Daniel Arias (lord Rixk)by the way i do post here in the forum, not just that often

G'day Daniel,Most humble appologies mate. I didn't recognise your name but most certainly know you by your pseudonym. Great to see you have uploaded some scenery to the library. How about posting a nice piccy to whet the appetite and advertise to the Fly! community that it's available. I haven't downloaded it yet but most certainly will. I'm very busy at the moment making an aircraft.Thanks for the sceneryCheers,Roger

How do you get such specific statistics?In the file library statistics I only see cumulative number of downloaded files from the whole library in the past 7 days.Michael J.

Guest Dean

I think it is likely the number is being misinterpreted because of the category descriptions. When you look at the summary of uploads by category, the numbers for Fly and Fly II are pretty close to what Wayne posted. But, the pull down window indicates the data is for downloads in the last 7 days which is wrong. Not that I really care but it was the only post in any forum where I could respond with even the slightest bit of intelligence in order to meet the 90 day post requirement of the forums. Having done that I will disappear back into anonymity!