Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fonchy17

New pics preview GIBRALTAR PHOTOSCENERY

Guest Steve Brown

Keep it up mate, great piccies!All the best, Steve.

Guest Steve Brown

I had a good look at your photos Fonchy. I enjoyed all of them.Just wondering when you will release your scenery?All the best, Steve.

Guest Azzurro

Thank you, Fonchy, this is a very interesting place to Fly! in.In the default scenery, the northern part of the runway is "under the sea", so it is impossible to use it with a big plane. Could you solve this problem ?CheersAzzurro

Guest Colins2

Azzurro,Which airport and which runway?It should be 'fixable' :-)Colin

Guest Azzurro

Hello Colin,It's the western part of the runway at Gibraltar airport LXGB, a 09-27, which is "under water"... just like a part of Genova (Italy) or Kerkyra (Greece...) and some other airports in Fly!It is fixable indeed, but I don't know how to proceed :-hmmm CheersAzzurro

Guest Colins2

Hi Azzurro,You have 2 ways to fix the scenery / runways issues.1) If you are going to use imported scenery, i.e. aerial photography or a TerraScene'd image (which is the same thing as far as Fly is concerned) then you just have to change the underlying ground tile type by using Ground Tile Transform. The runways will be 'solid' anyway as they are drawn on top of everything but this will allow taxiways to be used.Just because the scenery is showing solid ground doesn't mean that it really is solid ground.This 'fix' is only of use if you will have your own scenery.2}If you want to fix the default scenery then it's a bit more complicated. You need to extract and mend the GTP file (coastline) using some sort of CAD program and then also fix the underlying ground type. This is how I 'fixed' Nice some time back.You can extract the GTP files using any of the POD tools.You will have to use TerraShape to extract the GTP data to a DXF file.After 'fixing' you will have to use TerraShape to re-make the GTP file.There is a lot more info in the TerraShape documentation.If you need more, just let me know.CheersColin

Guest Azzurro

Thank you, Colin, for this explanation, which seems to be comprehensible.I will make a try, and if necessary I will call you for some more help :-cool

Guest Fonchy17

Hi, sorry I just return from hollidays.Respect to runway of LXGB Gibraltar airport, I haven

Guest Colins2

Hi Azurro,As Fonchy says in his post, Gibraltar isn't a problem.The runways really do stick out into the sea.You can't land a really big plane there either.I haven't had chance to check out the others.CheersColin

Guest Azzurro

Hello friends,For me the problem is just at the 09 far end, when I try to make a half-turn. Even if I stay on the runway, my plane is "sinking", just have a look at these 2 pics.I can you explain that, since I have made no modification to any original files ?However, it seems great, Fonchy, I am waiting for your upload!

Guest Colins2

Hi Azzurro,Ah ha, I see the problem; it is not scenery / watermask / ground tile related. This problem is DEM related and there are plenty of examples of this. The airport terrain hasn't been flattened properly for the runway to sit on and although the runway will sit flat, the plane will taxi on the underlying terrain and therefore appear to sink If you are going to make custom scenery complete with new dem data that should solve the problem.CheersColin

Guest Colins2

Hi Azzurro,As a follow up, I was able to check Gibraltar for myself today (in Fly!)My totally unmodified scenery doesn't have the problems that you have.The scenery is awful, the elevations are really bad, the coastline, if you can call it that, resembles bad Fly!1 scenery, i.e. just blocks, BUT the runway is level and the plane doesn't sink anywhere on it.You must have some modified scenery with faulty elevations or at least not flattened around the airport.CheersColin

Guest Azzurro

OK, thanks for your answers, I will wait for the final scenery, and see how it goes...CheersAzzurro