Sign in to follow this  
Dondo

Was reading this months PC Pilot....

and while getting frustrated with the rather "narrow" selection of flight simulator addon's, I began to wonder if anyone had ever mentioned to PC Pilot that there are other GA sims besides FS9? Fly!II pops in mind as does the work being done on MicroFlight and even Flight Unlimited 3. Did PC Pilot ever do anything with Fly!II? I'd think that with all the great stuff ROTW has put out in the last couple of years that you could easily fill a couple of pages with Fly!II stuff.I guess I'm just a little tired of all the heavy iron reviews. The combat stuff is fine I guess as I used to be a die hard combat simmer, but they really have just scrathed the surface with that stuff. There is so much more in terms of flight simulation out there then what they cover.Sorry, just rambling on tonight....too much scotch I guess.. ;)Dondo

PC Pilot appears to be a microsoft products review mainly (some x-plane pops up these days), I suppose for them it makes sense, since they advertise related commercial add ons and no one sell Fly! II add ons. Also we seem to be a flight sim minority in respect to the FS line, so for the benefit of the many, the few are left aside.Its not only PC Pilot who does it, Im a suscriber to Computer Pilot and it has been a few years now since they made any mention of any fly! related downloads too. I wonder if they were to recive a few letters from discontent readers may change in some way that position?worth a try...Dan

I also subscribe to Computer Pilot and have already written complaining about the lack of Fly articles to the Editor. The response was as expected, basically the advertisers in many respects govern the choice of articles and as Fly doesn't have Terminal Reality backing it anymore we won't get any more features on it. :-(