Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Missing File

Guest Eagle

I have two problems:Using Squawkbox 3.2 I cannot connect to VATSIM. Keep getting the message "Invalid Name and Password". My log-on information in the Fly.ini file is correct.Second problem:When switching aircraft I get the message "Invalid Guage Identifier (absw) - cockmngr.cpp.Any help would be appreciated.ThanksWayne

Guest roland_lfor

Perhaps that you should go on Vatsim site and reactivate your account (if unused for a while). If it's not the case I'm afraid Vatsim will change their protocol in near future and we won't have access anymore !I'll try Vatsim with my account and tell you what happen.For the gauge error, it's not SB related. I guess you miss an aircraft DLL.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest Eagle

Thanks Roland:Are you saying that the Fly sim will not be able to use VATSIM after they make changes? Are they being purchased by MS?The missing file has something to do with the B1900d_v6 plane, but I have reinstalled that plane and still get the error. OH well I guess I will not use that plane.Wayne

Guest roland_lfor

I mean that both networks are going in different directions through different protocol developments. Unfortunatly, I won't have time to handle two different protocols in SB, and some reasons make that I have followed the Ivao choice. Here a few of them :- Ivao is really very active in Europe (almost nobody in France on Vatsim !)- Vatsim requires a heavy acceptance process for developers before sharing protocol specification, written by offical law guys ... For me it's going far from freeware spirit. As I spend hundred or thousand hours on freeware products, I get bored with this heavy official structure and staff ( I have enough at work ;-) ) - I don't want to spend hours and hours on coding authentification functions as Vatsim seems to be upset by network safety and integrity- Only ~80 download for the last version of SB on Avsim lib, after one year work (not a reason here, just a remark, but enough to maintain only one network on 2 existing)Anyway, Vatsim and Fly! can work together for years perhaps, I don't have any information on the end of protocol rev 9 compatibility.But Wayne, Ivao exists also in the US ? Is it possible for you to consider an Ivao migration ? (And I'm currently working on SB 3.3 with the new protocol :-) )- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest Eagle

Thanks for the reply, Roland.Yes I did use IVAO at one time and then changed to VATSIM. If you are going to continue support IVAO I will definitely change over. Don't care if they do not control a lot of traffic in the U.S. A lot of the times I just listen to the other pilots.I certainly appreciate all the time you are devoting to our sim. Where would we be without you and the others who are continuing to help us?Now that I have scenery in the foreign countries I can make some flight plans for those.See you in the skies!!!:-wave

Guest tonyc

Wayne,Flying on Ivao in foreign contries is a lot of fun. I remember when I flew in Italy, and I simply could not believe that I was doing it from my desk.....tony

Guest Eagle

Hello Tony:Good to hear from you again. I am trying to get IVAO going. Having a problem getting voice to work.Did you read my first post in this thread. The problem I am having is with the B1900D that you changed. That is the one giving me the error. I believe you are the one who made the changes to the plane.

Guest roland_lfor

Also Please update the SquawkBox DLL to 3.23 here :http://home.tele2.fr/Gwenn_Rolby/SquawkBox.dllas I fixed some bugs for Vatsim/Ivao network and enhance the POTW system.There is also a problem on the ATR42 transponder : the transponder code is not send correctly (always 1200)Please download below the AMP file fixed for the ATR transponder.

Guest tonyc

I read it Wayne, and , if my memory serves me well, the b1900 had a dll regarding some guage... I will look at it in the next few days...Part of dilemma with FLY is that I cleaned all folders in order to work on a new plane model, but I'll take a look and get back to you...tony