Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Fly!Legacy couple of questions ...

Guest laurentC

Hi all and Chris,I'm not used to CVS protocols and I'm in trouble with the script to be used with the Turtoise CVS program (sf advise).I copied and pasted the anonymous protocol d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/ cvsroot/flylegacy login and also this one with "source" as modulenamed:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/ cvsroot/flylegacy co -P modulenamebut couldn't grab anything (while the turtoise CVS tree is read and downloaded ...)Any hint ?I then downloaded all the files in the CVS browser by hand ... but couldn't just get the /flylegacy/source/src/Terrain/TerrainTexture.cpp rev=1.1.1.1The download seems to wait and wait and wait ...I'm preparing the framework to see where I can help : as soon as I'm ready and I've understood the bolts and nolts I hope to start helping ...CheerslaurentC (rotw)

Guest Chris Wallace

Laurent,I have never used Tortoise CVS, I use WinCVS and command-line cvs on Linux. But the cvsroot should be the same regardless. For anonymous access you do not need to login, so you can omit the 'login' line but it shouldn't hurt.When I cut/paste into WinCVS, I noticed that you have a space just before "cvsroot/flylegacy"...there should not be a space there. When I removed the space it worked fine. I don't know if that was a cut/paste error when you posted to the forum though.Other than that it looks fine. I have noticed that anonymous access is a lot slower and at times unreliable compared to developer access. Have you tried it a couple of times?Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

Hello Chris,You were correct : the "space" before /flylegacy was the culprit.I finally got all the CVS with Turtoise and I can now follow the updates ... thanks. I verified some others sf.net CVS and they all have this space ...It turned out the ...TerrainTerrainTexture.cpp is a void file (0 Kb): that's correct ? Anyway I started placing the files and libraries and I'll compile my first attempt as soon as I have fixed some compile jpeg library problems.Cheers

Guest Chris Wallace

Cool. There's nothing unique about my project as far as I know, so I don't know why others have a space and flylegacy doesn't...anyway as long as you got the source that's the main thing. I have been making a few commits lately so you'll probably want to update every couple of days, or at least Query Update to see if anything else has been added or fixed.I'm not sure what the story is with TerrainTexture.cpp in CVS, but it has no code in it (nothing useful at least) and it should not be in the project files so there should be no problem.What build environment are you using? I regularly use both MSVC6 and Dev-C++ with the mingw32 (gcc) compiler. If you manage to get it to build with anything else, let me know!Bonne chance!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

I'm pretty much used to MSVC6 but I can use sometimes DevC++ too.I'll stay updated now that I've understand the basics of CVS anonymous client.But my concern right now is preparing a good and stable compilation environment ... and some adjustements have still to be done.Q: where do you prefer we post technical questions ? WIKI, web home page, sourceforge, AVSIM, ...Anyway, I've got a look at the whole framework and I must say I'm very impressed by the huge amount of things yet done. I need to see it working but it seems to me that we have a very reliable base to work upon !laurent

Guest Chris Wallace

Doesn't really matter where you post questions, but either the developer's forum here at AVSIM or the Fly! Legacy developer's forum at SF would probably be best.I'm in the process of rebuilding the terrain system, so you'll just see placeholder textures right now...but it should compile and run. Real terrain should be available again soon (I hope :-))Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest laurentC

Thanks : another couple of questions ... but below, in the developpers forum ...