Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

The ATR

Hi, I remember a while ago that someone made a nice ATR for FLy! 2. I was wondering where I could find this? Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!http://fly.simvol.orgOn the lower left, click "english version" (it's in french) Then Fly II files, Aircraft and the ATR is at the top of the list.The external power cables are connected by default. They must be disconnected on the Failure Manager, pan camera up again from the upper panel view. Otherwise, the starboard engine will be damaged should you try to taxi.Engine ice protection is modeled, and the cabin temp must be mantained or the electronics act up- you've been warned. Have fun.:-wave

Thanks Donny. You wouldn't happen to know why I don't see any buildings in San Fran, Dallas, or Chicago would you? I seem to remember having this issue when I first got Fly!2 way back when it came out, and I think the answer was, they didn't include those cities in Fly!2, is that the case? Infact, what cities are included?I know NYC, and I think Paris and maybe Rome. Oh yeah, just remembered I have no LA, California either. Hmmm. I really need to get to the File library.Jeff

Jeff

Guest tonyc

the scenery for those areas were available as separate downloadable files from TRI. YOu can, however, pick your favorite airport and populate it.tony

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Do you mean airport buildings or skyscrapers? I know there are downtown Chicago buildings in the Meigs Scenery. The Philadelphia skyline (most of it) and New York are well represented, but to be honest I didn't pay much attention to addon scenery before I got the ROTW addon DVD. There's even terrascening available for the area around Philly and most of my home (KABE) area all the way out to the shore. Unfortuanately my settings have to be so low for Terrascening the default can sometimes look better, if not more accurate.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

What is this ROTW I keep seeing and hearing about?Jeff

Jeff

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!They are a group of devs in France, somewhere around 20. Stands for Rest Of the World, their main thrust is scenery outside the U.S. They are hosted by fly.simvol, so they are on the same site. Some other devs concentrte on planes, a lot of their stuff is on Avsim too. Another dev group for FLY II is F2F, Fly II Freeware. They have a Seawind and a Fokker 50 in the pipeline, among other things. Our French friends are beta testing a DC-3!Best Regards, Donny:-wave