Sign in to follow this  
Guest YAR

Incorrect runway markings

Guest YAR

Gentleman, I downloaded and installed a file for Alaska AK180_v10.Whenever I go to an airport at one of these sites, my runway markings do not match my GPS nor my aircraft directions. IE. runway 33 on the runway will show up as heading east at runway 7. I wonder if there is a simple way to correct there errors. Really confusing when you think you are flying north when you are really flying south.Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Ray (Flyer 2)

Raymond,I'm not sure what it is you're asking, as the file you mention is a "moving map" display for an add-on device by ROTW. Are you saying that the moving map graphics are wrong, or is the actual alignment of the aircraft and runways not matching the compass heading?Which airports have this issue (improper runway markings)?Have you tried removing the moving map file and going back to a problem airport? Are the runway marking still wrong?If a runway has been placed in the Fly!II database with incorrect alignment and/or markings (and the Alaska area databases certainly have a lot of errors), then it can be corrected by editing the database. This is not an easy task, but it can be done.

Randall Rocke

Guest YAR

Randall, thanks for the reply. I do not understand the moving map display. As for my problem, I get this now and then on several of my airports after I have a crash or do something that causes this. However, after I reboot, all airports are ok. With this file, It does correct itself. As I said, whenever I choose one of the airstrips from this file, I get the incorrect readings. IE: if I choose Geneer AKR Station C-AK182, I am set at runway 33, however, the reading on my gauges and GPS say heading 7. You mentioned removing the moving map file. Where can I find this and Can I just delete it or do I need it for some other reason?Hope you have an answer for me. I like flying in Alaska and have plenty of scenery downloaded to keep me interested.Ray

Guest Eagle

Good morning, Ray: I tried to find the airport named Geneer in the FlyII sim, but without success. Can you provide additional information on this airport?

Ray,Sorry for any misunderstandings - I am unaware of any Fly!II scenery item described as "Alaska AK180_v10". I thought you were describing the ROTW moving map for Alaska: "alaska-v1.0".In fact, the nomenclature you are using doesn't match any Fly!II data that I know of. Where did you get the files you speak of? Who made them?

Randall Rocke

Guest YAR

Randall, Thanks again for answering. I appreciate you taking time for this. Since I download from several sites and DO NOT KEEP TRACK (wish I had), I am not sure where I got this file. However, I tried to contact Ed Geneer who is the contact person for problems. His email came back undeliverable. This file was released on Dec 10, 2002. I installed all the zips that he says to install but they did not help. I tried to correct the runway with an AFinstaller but nothing helped--assuming I did try correctly. Please do not spend time on this unless you have a quick fix. There are some things I will try but most are over my head. I have tried doing some other fixes on problems and end up deleting FS and starting over.Ray.

Guest Eagle

Ray, you are in the wrong forum. Ask your question in the MSFS forum. The file you are referring to is one for the FS 2004 scenery.

Guest YAR

Wayne, Sorry about that. I did not realize I was in the wrong forum. I thought that I was in general discussion for FS2002. Do not know how I got in FlyII.Ray

Guest YAR

Randall, sorry for misunderstanding all this. I just got a reply that I was in the wrong forum. I thought that I was in general discussion for FS2002. But was informed that I was in FlyII. Will try another area of discussion. Thanks for answering anyway.Ray