Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

Fly! Legacy Wiki back online

Guest Chris Wallace

I have finally gotten new Wiki software installed on the Fly! Legacy SourceForge web site. Since this is now hosted by SF.net it should be more reliable than the old version. The new software is MediaWiki, the same package that runs some of the web's largest Wiki's such as Wikipedia. Not that I expect we'll need to manage 750,000+ articles, but the old package that I ran on my local machine was not really appropriate under SF's hosting rules and I felt that MediaWiki, while having way more features than we'll ever need, was a stable and reliable way to go.Due to limited resources on the SF.net account, and to comply with their web server policies, please do not upload any files other than images to illustrate your articles, and keep these to a reasonable minimum (maximum 800x600 in size, JPG or PNG preferred). The AVSIM file library can be used for any other types of files for aircraft fixes, .zip files containing demos or work-in-progress applications, .PDF files, etc. I'll try to keep the old Wiki online at http://flylegacy.dyndns.org/twiki/bin/view if there is any content you want to retrieve. I'll post again before permanently decommissioning the old Wiki.I have recreated the basic structure of the pages on the old Wiki but I'm still transferring the content over...in the meantime there is of course lots of opportunities for new contributions:http://flylegacy.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.phpPLEASE follow the link and read the MediaWiki User's Manual so that you can get the most out of reading and editing the Wiki content.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks Chris,This is unvaluable source of critical information.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest andrewluck

Invaluable surely! :-)Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest roland_lfor

Ooouuuuppppsss ;-)- roland -* ROTW member *