Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Scenery for Catalunya

Guest Eagle

Good morning, Jordi. I downloaded your airport scenery but I was unable to locate the dex files. Did I miss something?Good to know another person is developing scenery for Fly. Also great to have new airports.

Guest tycho

Thanks for advertise, Wayne.I miss de dex files in the zip. I've re-upoaded all files in flyII scenery library.I'm working on Sabadell, Igualada and Alfes new aerodromes in Catalunya.I hope to upload that soon.Thanks again, also for your huge work!Jordi PuigdemontGirona, Catalunya.

Guest Azzurro

Thank you very much, Jordi, it is very interesting since there is an excellent 2D scenery (by Gilles-ROTW) on this globe-tile, and we already have several airports on this zone.http://fly.simvol.org/telechargement_fly2/.../pyreneesus.phpFor Sabadell, how do you think you will solve the problem of the slope of the runway and taxiways?I will contact you and Fonchy directly by email to inform you about a project relative to Spain, a future new heading on Fly.Simvol on the same model as the "Pyr

Guest tycho

Very thanks to all of you on fly.simvol, great workers for all fly!ers community.I've downloaded the 2D scenery for 002_161 and it's simply great. Watch the attached images: my scenery seems to be at right place, but maybe it's necessary to correct the orietation of the runway. I've used the electronic atlas provided by the goverment of Catalunya called 'Hipermapa' http://www10.gencat.net/ptop/AppJava/cat/a...i/hipermapa.jspwhich have an utility to locate easyly the airports. I've solved the problem of slopes for Sabadell (and others like Igualada, Alfes and La Seu) with Ken Salter's Flattenator, using advanced mode. For that airports I'll provide the *.trn files correcting the elevations for the tiles. I supose it's the correct way to do this...I have more problems with the orientation and lenght of the runways: I use an excel utility to calculate the coordinates of the ends of runways but it seems that Fly2 and the Peters jacobson's taxiway maker don't respect what I put on DEX files. Maybe the problem is in the conversion of seconds/feet, I'm working on it, maybe you can help me on this.I have also a lot of small questions to ask, refering mainly to the new airports. As I work I will be asking.Thanks again, have a nice flights!Jordi PuigdemontGirona, Catalunya.

Guest Azzurro

>Watch the attached images: my scenery seems to be at right>place, but maybe it's necessary to correct the orietation of>the runway. I'll have a glance at it and send you some indications.>I've solved the problem of slopes for Sabadell (and others>like Igualada, Alfes and La Seu) with Ken Salter's>Flattenator, using advanced mode. OK, it will be interesting to see how it works.>I have more problems with the orientation and lenght of the>runwaysIn fact, there are 2 possibilities : for large airports, the coords of the runways are published with high precision, you can use them directly and they fit the most precise 2D sceneries.For smaller platforms, it is more tricky: in fact, for a given runway, Fly! uses the coords of the "upper" one (here the "35"), then finds the direction towards the coords of the "lower" (the "17"), and draws the runway towards this point, then it uses the length to place the end of the runway (even when I explain that in my mother tongue it is not obvious to understand what I mean, so in English, I guess it is not very simple, sorry...):( Then, when we have an existing 2D scenery, my method is : - first launch the Fly! Editor, and note the coords of the center of the extremity of the upper runway.- then note the coords of the center of the extremity of the lower runway.- finally enter this coords in VolEdit, and add the exact length.If there is a displaced threshold, don't matter, you only have to use the largest length in this measurement.The displaced threshold will be entered after, as a simple distance from the extremity.For the taxiways, it seems to be impossible to fit exactly the 2D, even with a vertical screenshot or with a good map, you only can proceed by approximation.Amiti

Guest Azzurro

Jordi,The Hypermapa site for Catalunya's photosat is absolutely amazing, very precise pictures.However, the datas seem to be quite old: for instance at Sabadell there is another tarmac on the north-east edge (I have sent you a recent map) and at Barcelona International airport, a third runway has been built since, but it is invisible on these sat-pics.Amiti