Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Some news from FlyLegacy ...

Guest laurentC

Hi all,FlyLegacy is progressing quite well, Chris is working on the scenery rendering, Roland is fixing menu bugs and adding visual features such extra views and I'm developping the engine/gauges subsystem.I'm happy because the Cessna has came to life this w-e and the engine has been revved up for the first time ...As you may see in the pic below the panel(s) is displaying a fuelflow and the rpm is in its low rev. Not a big deal you may say but a big result for me, eh, eh !Chris has made a very awesome good frame and now, coding is like making huges dlls ... really great ! Unfortunally there's still a long way before an alpha exe could be shared but we it's almost half way I would dare to say.new15sn.th.gifHey ! This is the actual FlyLegacy panel : nice, isn't it ?Cheers,laurentC

Hello Laurent,Wish a smooth engine run, before the Fly!Legacy bird will be able to leave the "alpha" nest for the very first time.The Fly! Legacy Cessna panel on the thumbnail is looking good, also the upper righthand part :)So many thanks for the info, and all the best to the Fly!Legacy development team in securing the Fly! series future.Best Regards,FrankEBKT

Hi LaurentThis is good news. I have now visual studio 2005 and I hope this will solve my compiler problems. After finishing my BGL2BIN-converter I would like to implement the support for .BIN models in Flylegacy.Harald

Guest Pardue802

Out of curiousity, and realizing that I'm asking questions for well after the initial FlyLegacy has been implemented, will this be something that will run on Macs as well? Presently, the only real flight sim is X-Plane, and that just tends to not be pretty.Ideally, could we see a point where FlyLegacy becomes a testbed for new features, such as perhaps AI aircraft and ATC? Such an exciting effort!!!Ken

You are amazing!!!I give the screenshot's url for those who can't see it like me:img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new15sn.gifPascal

Guest Azzurro

Merci Pascal :-) As the rules on the Avsim forum are not the same as on our Fly.Simvol forum, I was wandering how to proceed to correct the link provided by Laurent... but I couldn't :-eek

Guest roland_lfor

Ken,Chris has implemented this large project with external libraries and tools that are OS independant (Plib, OpenGL, GLUT, STL...).Then Fly! Legacy should be compilable and all major existing OS :-wave - roland -* ROTW member *

Fabulous news, Laurent! The panel is looking really good! The work you, Chris and everyone is doing is so greatly appreciated!Thanks for sharing progress reports!Many Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

>Merci Pascal :-) >As the rules on the Avsim forum are not the same as on our>Fly.Simvol forum, I was wandering how to proceed to correct>the link provided by Laurent... but I couldn't :-eek Hey salut Azzurro! ;-)Bah I had some problems too with that link o)Great things happen here, Flylegacy is very promising!Pascal

Guest Chris Wallace

Thanks for posting the update Laurent! The project has really gotten a much-needed boost from the contributions of Laurent and Roland, and very encouraging interest expressed by several others. Which is good, considering I have been very busy again with business travel and the multitude of real-world activities.And as Roland mentioned, although we do not have a Mac binary at this time, the project is being designed and coded for platform independence, so a Mac version (or Linux) is certainly not out of the question. Eventually, if this is going to happen, it will of course be necessary to get developer support from the Mac community to build, test and fix any problems with the Mac target...but there's lots of time before that becomes critical...Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Pardue802

I've traditionally done only PHP/JavaScript development in the past... if I can ever knock down my freelance projects and have enough free time to invest in learning curve (without upsetting the wife), I wouldn't mind putting some time into a project like this--Mac, PC, or otherwise. As time goes by I'd like to discuss this further with you guys.