Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

Bratislava

Guest chezz

Thanks Harald for a great utility.chris_CA

Guest tonyc

Harald,This is good. Does it mean that you have corrected the bugs that prevented you from converting FS2004 files? If so, will the utility be available to the rest of us?tony

Extremely interested if your utility can be used by the general public.Hope you can upload it.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Azzurro

Thanks Harald, this is very interesting.Amiti

Hi allYes, I will upload this tool. I hope to finish betatesting in about 2 weeks. If anybody wants to support me in betatesting, write me an email. (You can even have the sourcecode. The utility is written in C and compiled with the free LCC-Compiler)My first idea was to convert the new BGL-fileformat to the old BGL-format for use with FSIMP. This does work in FS2002, but does not work for FlyII due to limitations in FSIMP.So I started from scratch with my BGL2BIN converter.This tool does not have the functionality of FSIMP. It only converts "New-MDL-models" into BIN-Models. No conversion of textures, airportdata, taxiways and so on is available. My idea is to share the necessary .DEX and taxiway-files via AVSIM, so that other users only have to convert the models and textures (- that can't be uploaded due to copyright reasons - ), which is a rather straight forward process.You can position the converted models with the FlyII scenery editor.If the BGL-File contains also positioning data my utility creates a Sxx-File.New-MDL-models means, the BGL-file has been created with the newest version of MS BGLCOMP.EXE. There are a lot of FS2002/FS2004-sceneries that are compiled with older versions. For these files you have to use FSIMP instead of BGL2BIN. (Information: The BGL-version is stored in the first 2 bytes of the .BGL-file 0x0102= new format, 0x0100 = old format)Harald