Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikkg

Where to get FLy2, CD not working anymore

Guest mikkg

Hey guysI have been away from flight sims for a long time now, about 3 years probably. I want to get back into it so I dug out my FS, FLY and FLY2 CDs. My FLY2 cd is not working anymore, i don't get it. It's dead, i can't read it at all. I put it in and the light goes on and then the computer hangs until i just take the cd out. The cd is perfect, clean, no scrathces or anything. I installed FS2004 but I still crave the FLY panels which are still unmatched by any other sim. My qestion is, where can i get my hands on FLY2 again? I have not seen it for sale anywhere? Is there anyway i can get my hands on it now or am I screwed?BTW, i'm glad to see that the FLY community is still alive and well, last time i was here was just after Mr Harvey passed away.

There is a more simple and cheaper method.Ask a fellow FlyII!-simmer for a copy ( in your native country to reduce costs).I.m.o. there is nothing wrong with that.All FlyII! cd`s are the same ( no registration numbers ) and because you own the original CD`s you are legally entitled to use the program.Another option:Give your CD a try in someone-elses PC , you have a fair chance it works on another machine, and then make a copy on that machine.The fresh burned copy will be readable in your own machine most likely .RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest mikkg

Oh, good idea with trying it on another PC and copying it. Ok here is what I did try:I went into DOS and did a DIR on the cd and it shows up. So i tried copying all the files to my E drive and when it gets to data1.cab it stops and says cryptic resonance error. So I did a little research and apaprently those errors can happen if you have a scratched/dirty CD. My cd is perfect, not a single imperfection on it. I used some utility that's supposed to recover files with that error but it still fails to read and recover the data1.can file.Oh well i guess i'm out of luck. Amazon has FLY2 for like CA$40 and with shipping and border taxes i'll probably pay 60 bucks or more so i don't think that's worth it.I'll have to stick to FS i guess heheh

'lo m8since you already own an original copy, then it could no bet considered illegal for me to send you the damaged file, which you then can copy into another CD.please let me know if this arrengement works best for you.I have an european version which is already patched from setup (on the CD) to update 197 and video update 2Daniel

Guest Eagle

What about purchasing the CD that Fly Simvol has. Will that work?

I am afraid NOT.As you can read at the Fly/Simvol pages:>>>QuoteIt is necessary to start from an original version ( created by TRI and distributed by TAKE2) European (version 1.97 on 2 CD's) or American (version 152 on 1 CD) which was never used. Loading time for the European version is less than 10 minutes.2- Then, put the DVD into the adequate reader and if it doesn't start (because the automatic execution is invalidated ), go to Start, Run and search for "setup.exe" on your DVD reader, finally click OK, and here we go! Fly! II will be updated at level 2.40, the latest version of TRI......................End quote<<

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest tonyc

I thimk he should e mail one of us and , who knows, he might get the file. tony

Mikkg, On some systems, the installer takes *forever* to actually start up. I know on my older PIII 500MHz machine, it would take about two or three minutes before the program would actually begin and install. On my P4 2.4Ghz machine, it still takes about a minute for the installer to actually start. So what appears to be a hang, may not actually be true.Just a thought!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Absollutely something, Ken. When they actually did cost that much I resorted to formating of HD to reinstall.Thanx for the heads up on the hang.FLY II is now available from Take Two Interactive for $14.95 US.