Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

un-pod

Guest chezz

Can somebody post a tutorial how to un-pod a/c panel? It's my break from school and have sometime to do some panel modifications.Thanks.chris_CA

Hi Chris,How to unpod a panel?The panels are not in a Panel-POD-file.When you Unpod a plane , one of the files you find is the PIT file .The PIT file gives a definition of all cockpitviews.Eech view has it`s own PNL file.These panel file *.PNL refer to the graphic files for the panel.That are the PBM ,PBG and RAW files located in the ART folder.Alle these files come with a second file called *.ACTThey can be converted to a BMP for editing and coverted to their original filetype with FlyGraphics. RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest tonyc

There's a utility that comes with FLY2, called, Podview. YOu'll findi it in the Tools folder. Asssociate the pod with this program and when you double click on it, Podview will show you all the files contained in the pod. then highlight the files( as Roger points out) and extract them to a folder of your choice. tony

Thanks Tony , I forgot to mention Podview , in fact I assumed Chris already knew how to unpod a complete aircraft-POD.He asked >>how to un-pod a/c panel?<< , so I was thinking he was asking about a panel only.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest chezz

Thanks Leen and Tony,I was searching for a tutorial on this, I remember there was once at Josve's site when I was doing some repaints for P-51 and stearman. I will try your suggestions but if you have a step-by-step tutorial that will help refresh my memory on this. (I am planning to change the cockpit view on DC-3)Thanks again,chris_CA

Guest tonyc

on simvol, there's the excellent Jean SAbatier tutorial that explains all the files and one one Avsim , called "converting FLY aircrafts into FLY2". It's not the exact title but you should be able to find in the Avsim library.tony

Guest chezz

Tony,I can't open the .act file using ether photoshop and flygraphics is there any special program to view this file?chris_CA

Hi Chris,An ACT flie and an PBM or PBG file TOGETHER produce ONE grapfic image.A PBM-ACT combination is just one single pichture.A PBG-ACT combination is used for switches, gauges etc. and is one picture showing mutiple positions of the subject.When you have a look at all the graphics in the ART folder with FlyGraphics you only see the TIF,RAW,PBG and PBM files, not the ACT files( they are funtional in the background )Clicking on a certain file shows the texture in the right window and FlyGrapics allows us to convert a file into a BMP or some other current graphic file , wich can be opened and edited (painted)This file can be edited ( not the ACT) and after editing converted back , to a PBM file with its corresponding ACT file.In other words WE cannot edit an ACM file , only FlyGraphics can do this.RegardsLeen de Jagerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135222.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

The correct link to DragPoderhttp://fly.simvol.org/telechargement_fly2/...dragpoderus.phpThis is a very simple to handle program.Start DragPOder and simply drag the pod over the program.Now the pod will be extracted to a folder of your choice.After editing the files just drag this folder on the programm again and with a simple mouseclick a new pod is build in the same folder.That,s allLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest tonyc

Look for FLY Graphics in the FLY!(not FLYII) Avsim libray.This program opens all FLY2 graphics and converts them int bmp for manipulation.tony

Guest chezz

leen thanksI was able to unpod the file and convertthe .pbg file to bitmap however when i try to reverse the process meaning i'm finished with the panel modification and convert the bitmap file to .pbg file a warning error that says "please verify that the file you are trying to convert is indeed a TRI supported graphic".thankschris

Send me the file and I`ll have a lookLeenflybike@leendejager.nlp.s.Only 256 clrs can be converted.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Chris,Flygraphics unfortunately is buggy!!If you have a copy of panelmaker (by matthew Horridge) then use the included program PBX maker instead of flygraphics to convert back to a pbg or pbm file from a 256 bit bitmap file.If you don't have PBX maker then email me and I'll send you a copy.Cheers,Roger