Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

flightplan error

Guest tonyc

Try entering a mid point as well...., and see what happens.tony

Guest Raptorbd

I have the same problem, even with waypoints inbetween.

Chris,From what I understand, this simply means that a standard low-altitude enroute airways assignment doesn't exist as a connection between those two waypoints as established by the U.S. Government. Rich built the Fly! system navigation database to include established airways connections. Not everything is connected directly by such vector airways - in those cases, you would get the message "path...could not be determined". Zoom in, then simply add the waypoints you think would work best for the flight path.I'll check out the 2 examples you gave, then check back into this thread.

Randall Rocke

Well...no problem with the points you mention. I thought there should be established routes btwn those points, and there were. Have you imported a different database that may have wiped out the original airways?SFO to LAX:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136855.jpgPSP to LAX:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136856.jpg

Randall Rocke

Guest chezz

Randal,I suspect it's the database, I tried your suggestion but I still get the same error. But I didn't do anything about the database infact I have a fresh install of fly2, the only changes i had was with the usa taxiways that i downloaded from ROTW. Please note that i dont get this error with non-usa fligth plan e.g. france, switzerland.Any clue? is there an updated database? I dont have the LAX waypoint that you have in your attachment. (please check the error by the other poster which is similar to mine)thankschris

Guest Colins2

Chris,I don't have access to my Fly! drive just now but is it possible that Fly! is having a problem with the full ICAO designations?Try specifying SFO to LAX instead of KSFO to KLAX.I remember other such problems with US airfields.The ROTW, of course, use the full designations all the time and that field is empty in the database(s).CheersColin

Guest chezz

Colins,I tried your suggestion and even copied the above way points suggestion but to no avail I still get the same error when I clicked on the generate route button. Please take not that it only happens in the U.S. (i think).thankschris_CAhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136981.jpg

Guest tonyc

Chezz,It's a puzzle. I simply entered departure, kpsp and destination,klax, and the rest was automatic. I worked, giving me a route with waypoints. The altitude is set automatically by the program, so I don't know what else might interfere with the proper execution. I suspect that it's a database error. I am assuming that you can make it work with other flight plans....A reinstall might be needed....tony