Sign in to follow this  
Guest funkycowboy63

Interested in re-visiting Fly2

Guest funkycowboy63

Hi all. I have Fly2 for many years but it's been collecting dust especially since the X-plane 7xx version and Century of Flight became available. I always liked the cockpit functionality of the default aircraft in Fly 2 among other things. I also always found it to be a bit buggy. Last time I attempted to run Fly 2 I had a terminal flashing lights problem that no settings changes would remove. This happened after my most recent general PC upgrade. At the time, it was AMD 2800xp, ATI radeon 9200 SE, and 512 meg of PC-3400. Currently, I am running the same 2800 XP with 768 meg of 3400, a 6600 GT, windows XP full service pack 2. What would I need in way of patches, updates, utilities and or fixes to make Fly 2 run nicely on my current hardware/software environment. Please give zip names if possible, if not I can still search. Any help appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hi! Welcome back to the Fly! world!Your best bet is to start by reading the "FIRST TIME FLY!ERS - PLEASE READ" anchored post at the very top of The Fly! General Discussion Forum. It tells you what you'll need as far as patches is concerned and it also recommends other add-ons. After that, I would go to the "FLY Frequently Asked Questions" sub-forum located at the very top of this forum.Please let us know if you have any questions.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Also, your "flashing" problem was probably caused by a setting in the render.ini file which was, at that time, incompatible with your ATI card.

Randall Rocke