Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

c4to problem

Guest chezz

I installed version 3.2 of cleared 4 takeoff (C4TO)and the c4to-patch- 3.3.1 and flyscripts but when ever I ALT+F a dialog box appears (see attached photo) however if i removed the c4to.dll from the pc modules the box doesn't appear and I can still use the c4to minus the c4to.dll. In my taxiways folder i have the following file: atcsound, dnvoice, rrvoice, atcextra,. In flyscipts folder i installed the atccfg.fsc, c4tov20.fse, airspeed.fsc., cabincalls.fsc and gpws.fsc. Did i miss something in the installation or what i'm doing wrong here.Help will be musch appreciated. (note i have a fresh install of fly2 patched to 2.5.240)thankschris_CAhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137507.jpg

Guest tonycrider

The dll version of c4to is unfinished. After a two year hiatus (blimey, has it been that long?), I am beginning to work on it again and hope to bash out a working version. In the meantime, I recommend using the FlyScripts! version. This means that the "fse" version is all that you need. All files that were a part of the 3.2 version should be removed from your Fly! folder. Then you should reinstall the original FlyScripts! version. Please accept my apologies for any and all frustration that you've encountered.Cheers, TC

Guest chezz

Sir,Thank you for the clarification. I enjoy using this great add-on.cheerchris_CA

Guest Shalomar

I am very glad to hear development is continuing on C4TO; I especially like the .DLL version. The only issues I ran into were with the Alt-home and end, but ending the flight does the trick. But I guess I'll try the FLY scripts on my next install-rig is down.THANX a lot!!!FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest Eagle

Good to have you back, Tony. I was afraid you had gone on to the other side. Looking forward to your working on the ATC program as it is much needed.Welcome back!

Guest tonyc

Once one flies online, s/he will never go back to artificial ATC. I have to admit, however, that with the real time online weather( thanks, Roland) C4TO might prove to be an interesting experience.tony

I reinstalled the dll c4to since it had worked so well for me in the past. Only bug I keep running into is when told to contact approach you have to hit the alt-c first immediately followed by the alt-a. Seems approach doesn't like to autotune but if you don't hit that autotune button quick after calling in you won't get the response and it won't repeat if you hit alt-s. Otherwise working fine.I would like to encourage a look into developing a speech recognition type of ATC program along the lines of VoxATC which is for FS2004. This utilizes the SAPI 5.1 speech engine from Microsoft and I think it could be developed for use in FlyII with fantastic results.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest tonycrider

Yup. It's on my list of things to do.1) Fix Approach Bugs.2) Add SAPI support.3) Pull hair out.Cheers, TC

Guest tonyc

tony,You may be aware of the great add on allows real time weather to be loaded, without necessarily being connected to VAtsim or IVAO. I have not tried c4to to see how the two interact, but it'd be interesting to see. In case you're wondering, it's the latest squawk Box by Roland. It's simply great when I want to go for a flight and not necessarily want to bother filing a flight plan or fly under real ATC.tony

Guest tonycrider

Is there anything out there that simulates ATIS? One thing that I've been mulling over is whether or not I should add an ATIS feature that would report weather conditions at various ATIS stations. In order to do it though, I need to add SAPI support first.Cheers, TC

We need to be able to get ATIS, AWOS, what would be especially nice is FSS for a weather briefing of arrival airport and enroute altimeter checks from Center when flying lower flight levels. If you are using SAPI all you then would need would be text generation for a standard ATIS recording with variables pulled from the sim in their appropriate places. It just becomes overwhelming to put all of the things you want the program to be able to say and do. I emailed Tegwyn West at VoxATC to see if there would be any interest in creating modules that would allow VoxATC to be used in FlyII. Since it is a seperate program that runs outside FS2004 and reads certain variables from FS2004 there is no reason this couldn't be also done for FlyII. Don't know if there will be any interest though since FlyII is so long out of production. I would think that the fact that the enthusiast community for FlyII is still alive and well and continues to produce quality add-ons that someone would take notice and try to revive the program.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Tony (C4TO Tony),The doors open with VoxATC if someone can develop a FSUIPC type dll that VoxATC can use to communicate with FlyII. If someone has a module or interest in doing a module that could interface with an outside program we could probably get a speech recognition type of ATC program that would work with FlyII in the near future. I would just love to see that happen ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest tonyc

I don't know much about this, but as I said earlier, the SB for fly2 imports metar files quite nicely.They need to turn into voice. How does FLY2's current voice ATC work?tony

Guest tonycrider

Regarding the FSUIPC interface mechanism: I looked into this a number of years ago and discovered quickly that the DLL connection mechanism wouldn't permit FSUIPC to run correctly--at least directly. About the same time ROTW came out with their Fly!IINet stuff which might be adapted to the FSUIPC problem. That said, I'm not sure that I really want to tackle that problem at this point in time. Regarding the addition of ATIS/AWOS/FSS: it actually shouldn't be a problem to add it. The scripts are relatively straightforward and all of the data is available directly from Fly!II's DLL interface. It's really just a matter of doing the SAPI work and I wasn't going to do it if it had been already done. But since it sounds like it hasn't, I'll put it on my task list. Thing is thought that I intend to work about 50/50 between C4TO and related enhancements and Fly!Legacy (which is giving me grief at the moment). So, stay tuned, and I'll see what I can come up with.Cheers, TC