Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Here I Go Again

Guest Eagle

FlyII has become corrupted again. Keep getting the "streamio.cpp" error. I have reinstalled Fly, but still get the error. This has happened a number of times and when I reinstalled the error goes away - for awhile anyway, but not this time.Today I ordered the disk by Simvol and hope this will correct the error for good. From what I understand about the disk is that if an error occurs I can correct the problem without having to install a bunch of files. We will see!!

Guest tonyc

Wayne,I believe this error stems from a corrupted default.key file. When you unistall FLY2 , I don't know how many files in the directory are deleted. If this file is less than 100k, It might be corrupted.tony

Guest Eagle

Thanks, Tony. I deleted the file along with all the .hst files, but no luck.

Halo Wayne,In most cases the streamio.cpp error will vanish after deleting the default.key fileBe sure to remove all FLYII! files from the FLYII! directory before reinstalling.I have seen a streamio.cpp error on several other occasions , for some misterious reason the Stearman is NOT present after a fresh install from the europe version and comes back with the last patch.Missing the Stearman can give the trouble.The streamio.cpp error also occurs when FLYII! tries to load a non existing startup-flightAbout the ROTW disk I can`t tell , nor predict , it will solve the problem , I have installed FLYII! with the help of the ROTW disk and it works perfectly.Installing and patching yourself should give the same results but is more complicated.The ROTW installation however gives you , a ready to FLYII! , complete install with many extra`s in no time.I think it`s a MUST for every FLYII!-erLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Eagle

Thanks Leen, your help is much appreciated. I will wait for the ROTW disk. It takes a lot of time to install Fly and then when it doesn't run it becomes a real problem. I am one of those who like to keep it simple.

Guest Shalomar

One thing I noticed with the DVD was that my key assignments constantly went back to the default for the DVD every time I went back into FLY. George Heliflier's "Flytweaker" solved that problem, alomg with others. It's small, well worth the bandwidth.Best Regards, Donny :-wave

Guest Eagle

I have not received the DVD yet. I did get the program installed again. Did you know that you can install Fly using Safe Mode? It makes the installation go much quicker. Don't know what was causing the error and I am slowly putting add-ons back into the program.

Guest Easy Xjer

>Thanks Leen, your help is much appreciated. I will wait for>the ROTW disk. It takes a lot of time to install Fly and then>when it doesn't run it becomes a real problem. I am one of>those who like to keep it simple.What is this ROTW? and why on DVD? Thanks Dan Frustrated Fly II er

>What is this ROTW? and why on DVD? Thanks Dan Frustrated Fly>II erWhat is ROTW.ROTW stands for Rest Of The World, it is the name of a french group of developers for FLYII!They made a lot of interesting add-ons for FLYII!Have a look at http://fly.simvol.org/You`l find among many other things this text on the Simvol page:<>IntroductionOne of the biggest problems, we had to resolve with Fly! II, is certainly the complexity that a newbie meets when he wants to get back and install all which was realized for four years and which is downloadable on Fly.Simvol web site.Interventions of the bravest ones on the general forum, in spite of a rather complete FAQ, showed us the road covered by some ones, and to be covered by the others.How many have renounced because of that? Certainly a lot!During its latest "congress" (in December, 2004), all ROTW team made the decision to facilitate the simulator upgrade by distributing a DVD (3 Go of compressed data, that would have made too many CD's). But this upgrade had to be easy! Thus, the DVD became auto-executable (thanks to NSIS software by "Nullsof").Its contents underwent all the tests, and here's the final result: everything is there!Automatic installation1- It is necessary to start from an original version ( created by TRI and distributed by TAKE2) European (version 1.97 on 2 CD's) or American (version 152 on 1 CD) which was never used. Loading time for the European version is less than 10 minutes.2- Then, put the DVD into the adequate reader and if it doesn't start (because the automatic execution is invalidated ), go to Start, Run and search for "setup.exe" on your DVD reader, finally click OK, and here we go! Fly! II will be updated at level 2.40, the latest version of TRI (naturally you will have to answer some questions), all files from ROTW or selected by Fly.Simvol will be installed, and at the end of the process you will be allowed to read the file "Readme.txt" and start the DVD_01 "Fly! II by ROTW".Operation time: between fifteen and thirty minutes (according to the speed of your PC and DVD reader). Easy isn't it?Content of DVD-01 "Fly! II by ROTW"Approximately 2.8 Go of compressed data including practically all which is distributed, for Fly! II, on Fly.Simvol web site for about four years- TRI patches updating Fly II at level 240.- Improvements of the big French rivers (the Seine, the Rhone, the Loire) by Jeck.- Improvements of water textures.- Clouds by Jure Dolanec.- All ROTW planes (PA28, PA19, TBM700, P51D "Mustang", Staggerwing, Seneca V, Cordouan) and their repainted versions.- Their complete flight manuals.- L'h

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Wayne,Please make certain that you are not using "persistant world". This is one of the main causes of Fly! II problems.Cheers,Roger

Guest Eagle

Never had to use persistant world. Every so often the program stops working and I have to go to a complete install. This time I did it in safe mode and it loaded with no problems and everything is working great now. Wish I had time to do airport scenery but my other duties prevent it for now.