Sign in to follow this  
Guest danieletona

BGL2SHP

Guest danieletona

Hi all,our dear friend Harald has done a great job. The production of European sceneries doesn't finally have more secret.Roads, highways, lakes, rivers and seas of Italy in SHP (from Roads & Rivers of Europe)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138144.jpgThe complicated streets in Venice (from Roads & Rivers of Europe)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138145.jpgTHANKS HARALD:-beerchug Dan

Hi DanMany thanks to you and Boshua for testing my application. I will upload my newest version (from 7.1.2006) to AVSIM on monday. For all who can't wait so long I add it to this post.Harald

Hi Dan,Can you use the street files in Terrascene without problems? The NLstr.bgl alone grows from 16 MB into a 90 Meg shapefile monster convert is ok but Terrascene chokes on it :-( Anybody that knows a free program to select a small area of interest out of the big SHAPE file (FGis is cramping up my mouse arm right now)Great job from Harald. Thanks for the modifications Harald! Imports are going great. Don't know if anybody has already tested the Ultimate Terrain add-ons with this tool. They could be used to get even beter roads in the US and Canada. Also the Misty Fjords add-on looks interessting to do a conversion on. So many options and possibilties from such a small (if you count the bytes ;-) ) tool.Greetings,Harryaka Boshar

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest roland_lfor

Hey, that's incredible !Daniele, did the picture made with GlobalMapper ?Great job Harald !!It's a shame that Fly! is not able to create a vector layer "live" on 2D sceneries ...Perhaps that a quick tutorial would help some of us to create new wonderfull scenery ?- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest danieletona

Hi Harry - Boshar,Terrascene finds it hard to manage file SHP of great dimensions. I recommend you to unload Global Mapper. Privately write then me.danieletona@virgilio.it"...tested the Ultimate Terrain add-ons with this tool" What do you intend for Terrain? The mesh?Hi RolandYes, the image is drawn by Global Mapper 7. A file Srtm + image + file SHP converted by BGL with BGL2SHP of Harald."It's a shame that Fly! is not able to create a vector layer "live" on 2D sceneries ..."Perhaps in FLY! Legacy?"Perhaps that a quick tutorial would help some of us to create new wonderfull scenery ?"It is not a bad ideaDan

Hi HarryYou need a tool to divide shapefiles ? Its easy for me to write such a program.Just let me know what you have in mind.I think most easy solution is just to divide the shapefile into 2 files.An other idea is to select in BGL2SHP the cells you want to export. I will have a look into it.Harald

Guest danieletona

Hi Harald,and if the scenery covers two inclusive zones in the two files?It would be necessary to save the file SHP through the coordinates.Dan

Hi allI added 2 parameters for lower / upper boundary of latitude in degrees.You can now specify the area that should be written to the shapefile.-l45.5 means lower boundary will be 45.5 degrees north-l-45.5 means lower boundary will be 45.5 degrees southbgl2shp myfile.bgl -u49 --> only cells (that are completly) south of 49

Great sollution Harald. I will look into it but my partner suggest I have spend enough time with the computer for this weekend and she demands some of my time :-)GreetingsHarry

Ultimate terrain has the same kind of data as All roads of Europe. See it at http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UT.htmlI don't have this add-on and the standard Terrascene does a good job in the US but I guess the road and water data in UT is beter so it could give us beter US scenery and first rate Canadian scenery.I will look into Global Mapper thanks for the suggestion.Greetings,Harry

Guest lucizeta

Many thanks Harald and Daniele for this great improvement!!!!!It is always a surprise FLY!IILuciano -LIME

Hi allI just uploaded the latest version (V2.1) of bgltools. Should be aivailable soon.Harald

Guest danieletona

Hi Harald,have tried the program and correctly works!Compliments and many thanks for this fantastic tool of development.Dan