Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

How to.... .scf file?

Guest Steve Brown

Hi guys.Its been that long since I did this I cant remember what to do... old age huh!I want to release a beta (or Unfinished version) of my Liverpool Airport EGGP.All models were made by me, but for some Biba Salsa Planes.I havent used Terramodels, and I cant remember how to create a .scf file for it.Im sitting here at my computer... blank... Nada... Nothing... Im lost?... who am I?... Who took my clothes? Were did 2005 go?... Can you help me! :-lol Steve

Guest detector

Hi Steve,One of the pathetic aspects of Windows. Looks like Win uses the .scf extension itself, and therefore I had to fool around like an idiot before daring to answer. :( I checked out my old engm scenery, and found all the engm files with their extensions, except from one file that was only "engm". So I gave it the extension .txt...but to no avail. Impossible to double click or open it. Then I attacked it from behind, and got there. I opened Notepad, set it to "all files", and was finally able to have a peek at the .scf (renamed txt) file for engm: ==== BEGIN SCENERY FILE ==== ---- scenery set name ---- Engm TerraScene Scenery version x.x ---- coverage area lower left ---- 60 07 17.4 N 10 32 12.8 E ---- coverage area upper right ---- 60 29 43.4 N 11 15 36.0 E ---- load lower left ---- 59 07 17.4 N 09 32 12.8 E ---- load upper right ---- 61 29 43.4 N 12 15 36.0 E ---- pod file ---- Engm2.pod ---- pod file ---- TMNGM.pod ==== END SCENERY FILE ====The .scf file first set the two "borders" for the ground scenery, and calls for it (Engm2.pod). Then it calls for the 3D models (TMNGM.pod). So what does a .scf do? It simply set the borders, and loads all the pods you want to appear in your tile.Hope this explained it. :-)

Guest Eagle

Steve, if you are using Terramodels.1) Click on "File" and select "Package Scenery"2) Select "Create SCF file only"3) Go to your TM22 folder and select the Projects folder. Your .scf file will be in there under the airport folder.

Guest Steve Brown

Thats it!Thanks Wayne ;-) Thats how I used to make Em!And Andrev, cheers for the explanation on what they do.All the best, Steve.