Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

roland, can you explain(pics)

Guest tonyc

Flying out of Providence, RI, weather is picked up correctly.A few minutes later, weather appears as Kzab, which has totally different weather conditions. In fact, it provides clear weather conditions.In the next round, Kbos is picked up , thus providing correct weather again.I am puzzled, since you say that FLY2, in the absence of a weather station, will retain the last one.All of this takes place in a range of less than 50 miles.tony

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Tony,I did not say that (I think ? :-abduct)Each 5 minutes, SB try to find a weather station near from you.It loops, looking far and far (max is ~200 NM) until it find a valid station.The valid weather station state is :- Has a valid METAR string- METAR observation is related to the current dayThen you can have observation from 12 hours late unfortunatly.If I have a look to your screenshot, I don't see any abnormal condition regarding content of METAR strings.The thing is that the KZAB (goog weather) was taken one hour before the 2 other ones. It could be a normal weather evolution ?Cheers- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest tonyc

I don't know. I know that kpvd provided IFR weather. When KZAB was loaded, skies turned clear. 5 minutes later, when kbos was loaded, weather turned IFR. I would have preferred to have had KPVD until KBOS was loaded. Far too many times, when flying short distances in the soup, the weather turns clear. In the Northeast there are simply too many stations. I googled KBAZ and I get Texas.....tony

Guest roland_lfor

Then, you could load METAR at departure time, turn Auto-weather OFF, and turn it ON 15-20 minutes before landing ?- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest tonyc

That's always a possibility. I am simply puzzled that the search, even up to 200 miles, should find a KZAB station--one non existant station in such a radius. Again, from KPVD to KBOS , I would have expectd with either station---not KZAB.tony