Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Whats NEW! or in the pipeline

Hi Guys,Been working away for a while and now I'm back, I was wondering whats new or happening on the development front.Are you old guys still around.regardsJohn

G'day John,Hey thats enough of that ! :-) What's with the "old guys" :-lolA quick scan through the Developers forum will reveal the most noteable development " Fly! Legacy ". It's not going to happen tomorrow (it's a long term project} but certainly augers well for the future of Fly! It's envisaged that all current Scenery/aircraft will be fully compatible so there's plenty of encouragement for development along those lines. Harald Kraft has just released a very handy utility that can extract static models and also info from MS *.bgl files in the form of shapefiles that can then be used with Terrascene to make scenery for Fly! II. My take on flight sims is that 95+% of simmers aren't interested in the simulation of technical reality be it aircraft/panels/ATC or flight dynamics. Thus I predict that future sims will concentate on the visual aspects, to attract the masses, and leave the technical simulation up to third party developers. Despite it's "old guys" status Fly! II is still a very impressive flight simulator and Fly! Legacy will ensure it remains so for many, many years to come.Cheers,Roger

G/day Roger,I was interested in your comments about 95+% of people only being interested in the visual aspest of a Flight Sim. Although they are obviously a big factor, I would of thought the flight systems and interaction of ATC, A1 aircraft etc would have been the attraction.I think I'll post a quick survey and see if I get some feed back, because it may genrate abit of interest and perhaps reveal which areas of FLY need to be developed. On a final note the one thing which has puzzled me for quite sometime now is the apparent lack of Heavies in FLY!..............You never here of our guys flying them, developing them, showing screen shots, or repaints..............nothing!!Which personally speaking must be one of the reasons Fly is not as popular as one or two other Sims one could mention.Any how...thats my 2 centJohn

G'day John>I was interested in your comments about 95+% of people only>being interested in the visual aspest of a Flight Sim. >Although they are obviously a big factor, I would of thought>the flight systems and interaction of ATC, A1 aircraft etc>would have been the attraction.For many simmers here at Avsim such may be the case but remember we are a very small percentage of the total number of simmers. And I would suggest that many here at Avsim fall into the 95%. Most simmers want to fly over a street and look down and say "hey that's my house" IMHO :-)>On a final note the one thing which has puzzled me for quite>sometime now is the apparent lack of Heavies in>FLY!..............You never here of our guys flying them,Which is why there is not a lot of heavy development. Why do you think PMDG packed their bags and crossed over to the other side?>developing them, showing screen shots, orIn the last 6 months I've posted pics ofVampireA380C123OtterBeaverand released an AA5 CheetahUnfortunately Avsim only retains them for about 3weeks and then they disappear.>repaints..............nothing!!ATRDC3 Both aicraft released in the last six months and a few repaints as well since release.Maybe not in the super heavyweight divisionWell I used to Fly nothing but heavies; But I do precious little flying these days. (other than beta testing :-) )Now let's see - and there would be at least a dozen or so repaints of each of the Boeings. I cut my teeth on repaints for heavies. Peter Sterling must have done at least 50 repaints of heavies. Others have chimed in with quite a few as well.B747 B707B737B727MD 83DC9-30Sud Aviation CaravelleThat's not a bad sprinkling of heavies. From my point of view heavies are difficult to make because access to the data (manuals) is not as easy. Also the complexity means a LOT of work.>Which personally speaking must be one of the reasons Fly is>not as popular as one or two other Sims one could mention.>Mini's are more popular than Lamborghini's :-)So all in all heavies are not being totally ignored.I'm looking for someone to make a panel for a C123 Provider.Would you like to team up?? and get another heavy (well medium) added to the list. Cheers,Roger

Guest Steve Brown

Hi John.I just re installed Fly2, but Im still having some problems with my installation. I hope to iron out this shortly and create a few low poly 3d models for our airports and cities. I just completed a 300 mile scenery for Trainz 2006 and I need a change. Take care, great to hear from you.SteveDownload Free French Music Movies And Wallpaperhttp://forum.musique.hu/index.php?referrerid=24

Hi Steve......how ya do'inJust a quick note............... only the other day a read something about installing FLY on a windows pc based system and it went on to say that you must download/copy everything your going to install onto the desktop FIRST before you INSTALL (and not from the disk/drive).Your probably aware of this already as I think I've heard it mention in the past or perhaps read it in the FLY! forum.Anyhow its better to be safe than sorry.regardsJohn