Sign in to follow this  
Guest beresford

New to Fly! II

Guest beresford

I've just acquired a copy of Fly! II and have had two failed attempts to download the patches linked to by Mr Salter ('Page not available'). Not sure if this is site traffic or something else.In the meantime....1. Does anybody know if the full Fly! II manual is available anywhere on the Net other than 'fileplanet' (where I understand you have to take out a subscription to download it)?2. Can anyone enlighten me on the contents of the 'map packs', which are just anonymously described as 1-30 on all the download sites I have looked at?

You can find the patches here in the Avsim file library... look for flyII152-210update.zip install it first and then Fly2patch240.zipYou will find very helpful information also on this site: http://fly.simvol.org/indexus.phpI might also recommend ROTW's DVD which includes all updates and patches to FlyII as well as all of their aircraft and scenery which you will find on the above site.Follow instructions closely and install updates from your hard drive, they will error if run from a CD.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

All of the patches and files are available here in the File Library. Avsim moved all of the files to a new server after Ken made the links - that's why you receive the error message. Simply copy the file ID and place it in the proper advanced search entry. You'll be taken right to the proper files.The full Fly! manual is also in the File Library here at Avsim.The Map Packs are the original sectional charts created for use in Fly!II by TRI, and were made available after Fly!II had been pushed out the door too early with a number of missing components. Basically, they run alphabetically from Albuquerque (Pack 1) to Washington (Pack 30). Other maps and charts were made available later by other developers and are also available in the library.This is really the main Fly! resource area on the net (not Fileplanet).Also, Zane's sugestions are good ones.

Randall Rocke

Guest beresford

Thanks for the help, guys. Randall, are you SURE that the Fly 2 manual is on this site? I've spent a while looking and I can't find it.

Guest beresford

Thanks. Yes it is there. The trick is that you have to look for the word 'guide' rather than 'manual' or 'handbook'.

Guest Bill Hinton

Beresford,Welcome to the forum.If you enter the File Library and choose Extended Search, type TRI in the Author box and select Terminal Reality as the Category, you will have 73 files (8 pages) from which to choose (all from TRI).Enjoy!

Guest dumptruck

I am also a newbie, I've tried to download the complete users guide from the Avsim file library but the link doesn't seem to be working.Can any body suggest where else I can get the guide ?? There is so much I can't seem to get working in Fly 2 Steve

Steve,The file is quite large, at about 37MB. When you click the download link, the file should begin downloading (and will take a few minutes because of its size). If you don't see any activity, there is a link at the bottom of the download page to start the process.This is the page for the manual: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=rootAlso, you will need to update Fly!II with all of the patches to make it really useable. Please follow the first time fly!ers post at the top of the general forum for complete patching instructions - it also contains links to all of the patches.==========================Also - the manual (guide) is a PDF file, so you'll need Acrobat Reader installed on your computer before you can download. Once the download finishes, the document will open in an Acrobat window. Immediately save the document, then you'll have it.

Randall Rocke

Guest dumptruck

Thanks for your help.Downloaded OK, I've got a lot of reading to do !!!!Steve