Sign in to follow this  
Guest beresford

IFR Enroute maps

Guest beresford

According to the handy map pack diagram in the File Library, packs 12 & 16 correspond to 'IFR Enroute' maps. The diagram also seems to show that the available maps only cover a small portion of the USA. What do these maps do, and is there any point in downloading them if they are part of an incomplete feature?

Guest tonyc

It all depends. If you fly in these areas, these maps help a lot. You can also add more maps.tony

The maps display the sectional charts for different areas. As for downloading it's a bit like saying why bother downloading the scenery for the grand canyon if the scenery for niagra falls isn't available. Sure; sectional charts might not exist for all of the USA but if there are sectional maps for the area you mostly fly over then dowloading will certainly make your simming that much better. The feature is complete and works well. There is a bug in the original sectional charts and the one in the library have been corrected I believe.Fly over the area in question and press the M key and the sectional maps will display in a window. To see what I'm talking about go to KSFO and press the M key. Cheers,Roger

Guest beresford

In the library there is a chart showing what the map packs relate to. There are map packs for most of the USA, BUT apparently only IFR Enroute maps for a couple of strips around Pennsylvania and the Great Lakes. I should mention that I am new & don't know the 'history' behind this. Presumably TRI went bellyup before the job was completed.On a similar topic, having downloaded the map pack for Seattle. I was surprised to find that there was no buildings representing the city itself. Even 'Flight Assignment ATP', an old DOS game, had a Space Needle, a Kingdome, and a few generic skyscrapers inbetween.

Guest tonyc

Except for msfs2004, all other sims are either "classics" or still in a continuing state of development( x-plane). That said, FLY2 falls into the catergory of a classic sim with a lot of promise, fantastic features, but, alas, the company stopped developing itlong ago and, its developer, Eichard Harvey, died of cancer. Because of its many strong features, FLY2 continues to enjoy support among a number of developers and normal users. there's even a FLY Legacy open source project going on. Lots of scenery, planes, as well as utilites are available for it. AVsim and Simvol carry all the files, and there are many of them. Simvol has a dvd upgrade that is simply fantastic. You can download scenery for practically any city. So, welcome to FLY2, and enjoy the wonderful world of discovery.....Don't hesitate to ask. No question is silly.As for the IFR charts, you can add your charts to the existing ones. It's not very difficult....http://www.members.shaw.ca/fly2/map_file.htmtony