Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bart

Need a lil help

Guest Bart

When I try running flyscripts/c4to Fly crashes to the desktop as soon as I hit alt-f12...any ideas?c yaBart :)

Hi Bart,My first thought is something else you have installed which maybe also uses alt-f12 conflicting. If you don't have all of flyscripts properly installed it could do this, and if you have parts of the dll c4to installed it could interfere. I personally use the dll c4to cause I liked the way it worked better and could get around the little quirks.I am looking very forward to ROTW releasing an english version of their latest ATC work and depending on how well they can work together there may be a slight chance that VoxATC could be ported in to work with FlyII... I'm not holding my breath on that last one but very hopeful.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Bart

I have so much stuff installed in Fly from working on projects it's hard to tell. I only recently installed the flyscripts and c4to files. My hdd is starting to die so i'll probably be doing a total reinstall soon anyway, give me a chance to see if anything is conflicting.Getting closer Roger ;)c ya :-waveBart

Guest tonyc

why flyscripts, and not the dll for c4to?tony

Guest Bart

Maybe I just have it installed wrong. Don't yo need flyscripts to run c4to?

Guest tonyc

No. The dll version eliminates the need of flyscripts. In fact, that may be your problem....it's been a long time...I could be wrong...but the the dll is self enclosed, thereby eliminating the need of flyscripts..tony

Guest Bart

I must have an old version of c4to cause the install states the flyscriots must be installed. Version I have is 2.0c ya :-waveBart

Guest Bart

Got it going Tony thanks, just needed the newer version :)c ya :-waveBart

Bart,It sounds like you've got it going - I was going to mention that if you had the newer version of C4TO in, Flyscripts! shouldn't be used - there may be a conflict with the DLL.I will note that having tried the DLL version and having problems with it, I went back to C4TO 2.0 and Flyscripts! and have had no issues. There were some neat new features that were going into the DLL version, so if there are some work-arounds for its issues, I would be interested. BTW, I'm one of those controllers telling you you're off course or giving you new vectors - hope I don't bug you too much. :-)On another note, Zane - I've got your DVD Data disks finished. Sorry this took so long - my work schedule was really, really bad! I'm off at the start of the week, but will put the package in the mail on Tuesday morning as I head back in to the office.

Randall Rocke

Hi guys,I don't know if anyone is still interested in C4TO issues but I would like to report that I've had the old one installed for years. It still works like a charm. I love it. If there is any advantage to the newer version, I would consider it also but the benefits would have to be pretty substantial to get me to change.I downloaded the new ATC program from Didier RIGAULT of ROTW, atcsynth_v20_beta_en.zip. The readme says it uses Flyscripts so I was afraid to install it thinking it might cause problems with C4TO. Do any of you knwo if there is a conflict with theOLD version of C4TO?Randall, would you mind giving me a break about being off course! I'm doing the best I can! :)Thanks everyone!Earl

Earl,I haven't had the opportunity to experiment with Didier's new program. If it does run off of Flyscripts!, that in its self should not be an issue with C4TO. However, if the script startup commands are the same (Left-Alt-F12 for instance), then you would sure have a conflict.The simplest thing would be to move the C4TO FSE file from the Flyscripts! directory to a holding folder elsewhere (or all of the C4TO files: the FSC, FSE, and LOG files to a backup folder where there would be no interference).

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall,Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it looks like it uses some of the same keys. Please see below. ALT+F12 is right up front. Oh well, I'll just stick to C4TO till something much better comes along.Thanks,Earl"How To" from Didier's "ALTsynt key_en.pdf"ALT-F11 VFR flight: with or without flight plan ALT-F12 IFR flight: mandatory flight plan ALT-1 Virtual plane creation: select a parking area if there is one free, then aircraft will take off for a traffic pattern and come back to parking if there is one free. Else aircraft go around and leave airport. Then aircraft will disapear when at a few minutes from airport. ALT-2 Virtual plane creation: select a parking area if there is one free, then aircraft will take off and leave airport. Then aircraft will disapear when at a few minutes from airport. ALT-3 Virtual plane creation: aircraft is coming from outside, contact airport and do a traffic pattern. If any free parking when landing , aircraft will taxi and stop. Else aircraft go around and leave airport. Then aircraft will disapear when at a few minutes from airport. ALT-F Automatic frequency settin on COMM1 (non-active frequency) ALT-C Contact the controllin agency (equivalent to mike press-to-talk bar) ALT-R As the controller to repeat the last messag e ALT-O

I think there are conflicts beetwen these dll. When you are using C4TO just change the name of ATCsynt.dll like that ATCsynt.dll.OFF so ATCsynt will be out of order.HeliFlyer wrote a tool called Flytweaker to do the same thing with dll or any other files. DidierROTW