Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gaijin

podding taxiways

Guest Gaijin

Hello everyone,It's been quite a while since I last posted here. Yesterday I wanted to pod all my taxiways that I made with Taxiway creator but haven't had much luck in seeing them in the sim after podding them. Here's what I did:1. Created a response file named taxirjdc.txt and saved it in Fly!'s root directory. The content of the response file was as follows:datarjdc.bgrdatarjdc.tmsThe two above named files are of course in the data folder.2. Started Fly! II while holding down the CTRL key until the File Manager opened. Clicked the File Manager button. Chose 4: Build a .POD from a response file.--Entered the filename: taxirjdc.txt --Clicked POD filename, then OK--Entered filename: RJDC --Copy build options (chose No)--Clicked on volume name, then OK--Entered volume name: RJDC--Clicked Go for it! - then OKReceived message "Successfully built..., etc. Clicked OK. Pressed Esc, then clicked Quit.3. Found my new pod in the root directory of Fly! II. Moved RJDC.pod to the taxiways folder. Cleaned out the taxiway files created with taxiway creator from the Data folder.4. Started Fly!II, transported to RJDC, but no taxiways.Note: The taxiways are there only if there is no pod file and the files are in the data folder.What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Danny H. Masson

Hi Danny,It's good to see you back in the forum. Looking over your procedures, I really can't see anything wrong at the outset.A few things to check:--Did you check the pod to see if the files are in it? Did it also show them as being in the Data directory?--You said that the taxiway files were in the Data directory before you ran the podding sequence - that is necessary. However, were they the only files there? Did you move all of the other files out before podding?--You entered the response file filename without putting in the path when running the build program. Since you had placed the response file in the root of Fly!, I would think this would work. I've always placed the full path name here, though that was necessary when placing the file outside of the Fly! directory.You may want to switch to one of the great new podding tools, such as DragPoder or PodCreator, which make podding a lot easier these daysI can't think of anything else...

Randall Rocke

Guest Gaijin

Thanks Randall and Harald for your reply and suggestions. I finally managed to get it to work.Cheers,Danny H. Masson