Sign in to follow this  
Guest rap777

ROTW Add ons and Crashes!

Guest rap777

Hi and thank you to hte ROTW TEAM!I recently upgraded to an AMD 64 x2 Dual core computer with a Nvidea 6600, 256 Ram video card.I re-installed FLY and the add ons from the DVD. Initially after edting my render ini using the simvol example it crashed when using the default ATC. I installed C4TO and the problem dissapeared.But now after flying for a few minutes (i tried flying from Nice LFMN - Cannes M Lfmd) it always crashed when on approach to cannes M. LFMD????I tried lots of different render files (with the help of fly tweaker and flystart but I just can not get it to work...I really would like to fly the beautifull french scenery provided by you great guys....any help or advise or indeed another render file you could suggest?Here is the one (the latest one I used )[Textures]maxTextures32=32maxTextures64=32maxTextures64_565=32maxTextures128=96maxTextures128_565=400maxTextures256=90maxTextures256_565=64maxTextures512=32maxTextures512_565=32maxTextures528_528=32maxTextures1024=8mipMapFlag=896[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=-1[AGP]maxTextures256_565=-1[Graphics]premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0mipLevelCount=20vertexIndexFormat=1Thank you and God blessAlfred

Guest laurentC

Hi Alfred,Don't know if I can help you, but you should also give the lasts gtfo message errors if any ... maybe the crashes can be explained by some error report.Just an idea ...BTW : nice hardware indeed ! laurentChttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142869.gif

Guest rap777

Hi Laurent!Thank you for your kind reply.No message, just a very uneventfull dump to the desktop.I did notice though, that the frame rates drop dramatically and the screen flickers and freezes and the sound loops for a few seconds (10-20) just before it crashes.I added the little test flight as a zip (ihope it shows up)It usually crashes just in the vicinity of LFMD airport.I am almost certain it has to do with the video set up...but I just can not find the right combination of render ini and/or drivers.I really would like to take the time to thank you guys for all your amazing work you have done and are still doing and hope to tour the amazing countryside of the DVD soon.I use the default sneneca V for my trips in france - Once again....looking forward to your reply!Kind regards and God blessAlfred

Not sure if this sheds some light on subject, but I DL'd LFMN and LFMD, stuck the pods in the scenery folder - went to fly, and get the following error right off:C3Dmodel: ;load - can't open ; crj100-af.smffile: SMODEL.CPPLine: 3701Now... after some exhaustive research, I find I did not have the ROW_Static_v2 pod in the shared folder. That covers the CRJ100.SMF file. Alfred may actually have a different problem, though. I have the Biberall, GlidersV2, TM21-256, comp1_v8 and henri-models_v27 installed in the sceneryshared folder as well. Alfred: Here is my render.ini file. Be sure to put the brackets ( the [ ] ones) back in at each header:GraphicsmipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0TexturesmaxTextures32=64maxTextures32_565=64maxTextures64=200maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=350maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=220maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=10maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896NonAGPmaxTextures256_565=0AGPmaxTextures256_565=0See if this may give a go. I get 17-24FPS at Nice (LFMN) and 34-40FPS at Cannes (LFMD). the ranges are for day and night textures.Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest rap777

Hi KenThank you very much for your time and research!I will try these settings and check in my POD folders if I have the ROW_Static_v2 pod in my shared folder.I will try tmorrow and report back as soon as possible!Once again....all the best and God blessAlfred

Guest rap777

Hi Ken!I just tried it with your settings without ATC and Metars and it worked.I took a bit of a dive in framerates on approach to LFMD but IT DID NOT CRASH!!!!Once on the ground the frames went up to th mid 30's again.Thank you so much for sharing your render settings with me....I had to admit that even with memcalc and reading the remder ini website several times I was still stumped! :-hmmmI will try now with ATC and Metars and see if it is still OK.Thanks again for all your help and advise! :-jumpyRegards & God blessAlfred

G'day Alfred... Glad to hear the render.ini helped - even if only somewhat! Sometimes, tweaking that ini file with memcalc to use all or most all (in your case - 256mb) the video card's memory is not always the answer, I suppose. :-) I did go into the mid teens at the one airport - think it was LFMD - with several areas reporting over 69,000 polygons. Main thing is, we have you able to fly in now, without CTD or dreaded 4FPS problems. ;-)Anything else, do not hesitate to post and one of us will do our best to try to help solve the problem.Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest tonyc

The biggest culprit is the setting for mid and high level scenery textures in the Scenery folder. These are the ones that need to be tweaked until the fps are smooth...., if both are set all the way to the right, the frame rate is very irregular. I'd start by adjusting the medium textures with the high off until the frames are smooth. Then I'd add a bit of the high textures.tony

Guest rap777

Hi Tony & Ken!Thanks again for all your help and research!I still have problems with crashes, funny thing is, every time I reinstall ad run it for the first time it runs (even though very erratic and slow) the second time I try to fly in the ROTW scenery it crashes. It may be a hardware problem.Looks like I might have to settle with Microsoft Flight sim for the time being which I found works very well even though I do miss the great panels and beautiful scenery of FLY II and ROTW DVD.I will keep an eye on the forum and maybe find out what causes may problem at some stage.Once again, thank you for all your help and advise.Kind regards and God blessAlfred

Guest rap777

Hi Roger!Never knew that there was such a log! Thanks for the tip Here is what it saidMsg: Fatal error caused by .DLL "systemmodulespcpydll.dll" in DLLIdle routine.File: Dllman.cpp line 1619Time: Sat Feb 25 14:25:18 2006errno = 2 (No such file or directory)Strange thing is that I have no dll called "pydll.dll"Does this make sense to you? - Do you know if I should have this dll? if so, can you point me to where I could get it from?So many question....thank you so very much for all of your help!Regards & God blessAlfred

Guest DocParano

Hi Alfred,To resolve your problem delete this .dll !

Guest roland_lfor

Hi, just try to remove that file, many of us had troubles with it.- roland -* rotw MEMBER

G'day Alfred,Laurent asked you to check out the gtfo log file in the first reply to your post but since you didn't come back with a response I was just checking if you had picked up on his suggestion. When Fly! II crashes the cause is USUALLY logged ( but NOT always). The pydll.dll is in the path in the log file. You should have this file. Are you fully patched up to #240 ? ie FlysystemmodulespcI have the file in my clean install version of Fly! II so it is put there during installation (or patching).If you are using the ROTW DVD they may have removed this dll.From the looks of some other replys it appears that some of the ROTW addons may have problems with this dll.If you email me your email address I can send you the dll if you haven't got it and want it.Cheers,Roger

Guest rap777

Thank You Roger, Doc, Ken, Roland, Laurent and everybody else involved in my rescue mission!I did find this dll, deleted it and now it works PERFECT!My e-mail is aquintus@internode.on.netBut I do not need this dll anymore, as this one was the culprit all along.I do not know what it was supposed to be doing but I am not missing it yet???My apologies to Laurent, I must have missed his advise about the log file.....I gues I have NEWBIE written all over me??? :-violinI must say that being able to enjoy FLYII like this is amazing. :-rotor The VolNav Flightplanner is blowing me away! :-beerchugThe feaure of having all the airport information downloaded at the click of a button!!!The only thing I have to figure out on Volnav is...it is still in French?? even when choosing English?But that is not a major problem!Thanks once again and I really enjoy your sydney modification as well!!:-jumpyRegards & God blessAlfred