Sign in to follow this  
Guest rap777

ATR & Transponder

Guest rap777

Hi ROTW TeamThanks to all the help I have received here, I can now learn how to fly your amazing ATR vers. 2.51.It is coming along OK BUT I can not find the button to turn on the transponder???Any help would be apreciated!Thank you and God blessAlfred

Hi ALfred, I know in the previous version, I had to go into the AMP file and make some adjustments for the transponder. It was not the same name as in the panel file. Upon downloading the latest version (Feb 2006) and taking the AMP file out of my World folder, the transponder works fine. The problem I now have is - no engine sounds within the cockpit view - just exterior views. :-( Could be my install is just tiring out on me... ;-)And Jean - I maded a few minor modifications to the normal startup checklist file... added in turning on the beacon and no smoking / fasten seatbelts before starting the engines. If you would like, I can send that to you in case you would like to include it in any future releases. Now - to try my hand at a livery or two for USA carriers (if any - if not, well... fictictious ones will do then!).Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest rap777

Hi Ken!This may be my problem also..but it works for you this time around???I'll wait and see if a fix may become available, in the meantime I am busy learning the checklists and procedures. It is quit involved flying the ATR.I hope to get my hands on to your expandet checklist one day?It is amazing what the ROTW team produced here!And the instal CD makes it so to easy. (Besides my hickup with the wanky dll)I keep my eyes on this thread and see if a fix will be forthcoming!Thanks for your clarification and input!Kind Regards & God BlessAlfred

Hi ALfred, I had gone in and removed from all folders anything I had done with the ATR version 5 (except for my checklist modification and leaving the dll files where they needed to go originally). ATR version 5.1 loaded in and the transponder turns on as it should. I would make suggestion that you uninstall the current ATR podfile from your aircraft folder, then re-install it - ensuring it is the ATR42 version 5.1 (Feb 2006) file. Delete the F-GPYM.HST file as well before trying to start fly! II. After that, give it a go and see if all works correctly.Hopefully Jean will either allow the checklist to be uploaded separately or will use it in a future update. I should get it posted to Jean at ROTW soon.Many Cheers! Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest rap777

Hi Ken!Thanks for the tip!I tried your suggestion unfortunatly it did not fix my transponder problem.I'll keep on trying!All the best Alfred

I have posted to the ROTW FTP site in the main F2FD folder my changes for the Checklist and a fix to the SVH file to get (at least for my setup / system) the MAG HDG readout on the small bar (TAB two or three times to get) to work. Look for kw_ATR_xxx_xxx.zip file.For some reason unable to access the F2FD forum on Simvol. :-(Many cheers to all!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest rap777

Hi Ken!Thanks for providing the file. Unfortunatly I am not able to find it yet.Would you be able to e-mail it to me?Thank you once again for all your help!Kind Regards & God blessAlfred

Hello everyone. I have just now realized there was a version 5.1 because of this thread. I must have been a sleep!I have the transponder working ok. I do not have the engine sounds in the cocpit. I wonder if we should have left the old version 5.0 in the aircraft folder for this. Anyone fix the cocpit sounds?Ken,How does one get onto the "ROTW FTP site in the main F2FD folder"?I went to the ROTW site and searched for kw_ATR_xxx_xxx. but I couldn't find it.Thanks guys,Earl

Hi ALfred / Earl... The FTP site is unfortunately for the ROTW / F2FD developers only, so you are not able access it. I posted about my corrections here as my forum account at ROTW is not working right now. If it confused you all, my apologies! Alfred - I really am at a loss as to why the transponder is not working for you, if you have version 5.1 pod in your aircraft folder. Are you getting all sounds, i.e. engines from within cockpit as well as outside views? If so, then you are still running version 5.0, as in version 5.1 the engine sounds are not heard in the cockpit. If not, then try this... load the sim and the ATR. Use "E" and let the checklist go through the paces. Once everything is running, revv the engines quickly to get the Hydraulic pressure needles to rise (you all noticed this did you not? ;-) ), then switch to the throttle / comm panel. On the transponder, find the lower left "knob" and place your mouse cursor over it... then using the RIGHT button, click several times, noting what happens. If the black areas changes to show numbers, problem solved! The transponder was off. LEFT button click on the knob is turning knob to the left (toward off), and right button clicking is turning the knob to the right (towards the ALT setting). Regarding the checklist file... without Jean's permission I cannot release the zipfile at this time. The file is on the ROTW FTP site so Jean can get to it and if he chooses to use it, can. If he grants permission for release, I will post it here ASAP. However, having both these files in the main pod version is best. I would suspect one last "fix release" to come, considering the missing sound files in the latest podded version. The MAG HDG fix is simple to do, really. You can open the pod file with Podview and extract the file with the .SVH extension - using the box marked "recreate directory structure" and extracting to your main Fly! II folder (i.e. type full path to the folder). Open the .svh file with Notepad. Go to the bottom of the file and look for mag hdg then change the line with dg_1 to read DG_2 (note the difference in capitalization). Save the file and leave it in your World folder. For the sounds, version 5.1 pod missed 21 sound files somehow. Simply extract only the sound stuff from version 5.0 podfile to your sound folder (create it if you don't have one). That will over-ride the sounds in the podfile. Just be sure your Fly.ini file has SearchPodFilesFirst=0 !AAhhh... tweaking and fiddling is just so much fun, right?! :-hahMany Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Hi Ken,Thanks for your speedy reply. I downloaded the Air Wales 5.1 version dated 6-15-05. Now I have sounds in the cockpit. I also remembered I had installed the checklist final-ATR42_CKListV4.zip. Contents:atr420.PNL file in DATA folderatr42500.AMP file in WORLD folderchklist_v2.2.DLL file in MODULESPC folderManual_v3.2.WIN file in UITEMPLATE folderI went through and removed these. I also went through the aircraft folder and deleted all the HST files. So, I don't know which fixed the sounds.Regarding the Transponder, I took only one short flight to check things out. The transponder is on and I can adjust the code and the on/off, stnby, etc. When ATC gave me the code, it didn't seem ATC could recieve it. ATC kept repeating sqawk 1200. Now, bear in mind, this flight was with the Wales plane. I didn't make a flight with the AF Feb version although I did check it out to see that it now has cockpit sounds.I'll probably try a few experiments tonight if I get a chance.This ATR is a great plane. Thanks to all who brought it to us.Earl

Guest rap777

Hi Ken & Earl!Yes, after installing the Air Wales plane the sound and transponder worked (in the air wales plane) sound also worked in the origenal Air france but transponder did not!I can live with thatThank you to everybody once again and now comes the fun!, learning to fly the ATR!It sure is a complex aircraft to fly!Regards & God blessAlfred

Hi Alfred and Ken,Ok, I couldn't wait til tonight to try something...I took the Wales plane out of the aircraft folder. Now I don't have cockpit sounds but the Transponder works.I assume we can do as Ken said and get the sound files out and put in a sound folder in the root FLYII folder and have the sounds back and still keep the transponder, right Ken?I have a new request. I would like to know how to change the viewing angle out the windscreen. I'm always looking too much in a down angle. Also, looking out the right side, you can't see anything. Is there any way to lower the window so you can see out that side?Thanks,Earl

G'day Earl,Try raising or lowering your seat. That should give you the view you are after.< ] > square bracket raises seat< shift + ] > shift + ] lowers seat.does that help ?Cheers,Roger

Hey Roger,I hope you are well and all going your way! I'm sorry for delay. I just got around to checking back. Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, that fixes the view. I had forgotten the key assignment.I have a new problem. I set up a flight to KBOS. About half way (10-15 minutes), I noticed the transponder wouldn't change to the new code assigned by ATC for approach. Then I noticed the auto pilot wouldn't click off , headin wouldn't change, altitude wouln't change. I changed views to upper panel and back. Now these things worked again but soon stopped again. By the way, for what it is worth, ATC was trying to give heading and altitude directions and kept asking for the new transponder code.I'm not sure if this was the plane, my system, my fault or my bad luck! Seriously, has anyone else had problems like this?ThanksEarl

Hi Earl, The Air Wales plane is based off of (I do believe this is right) the version 5.0 ATR. If sounds are working now in the version 5.1 *without* you having copied the version 5.0 pod sound files into your main sound file, then that is interesting. Most likely it is reading the Air Wales pod for sound, vice the 5.1 pod. If you flew the Air Wales bird first, then switched to the AF bird, this is most likely the answer to that one. AF Version 5.1 did fix the transponder problem version 5.0 had (sorry, Alfred - least it did for most of us! ;-) ). Transponder, you should switch to standby to make the appropriate changes, then switch back to on mode. I believe this is the only way to get Fly! II ATC to receive the correct transponder code. I am assuming you are using the built-in ATC, and not the Cleared 4 Take-off (C4TO) module.Glad what I offered was helpful!many cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️